Author: UYA

Asian opponent called 'ching-chong'   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-24 16:31:19 |Display all floors
oranges111 Post time: 2018-8-24 08:50
Living in Hawaii, I guess you have an excuse to be naive. I've heard some pretty racist stories in ...
By the way, in response to huaqiao who knows nothing about the USA but acts like he does, no the USA didn't go downhill since the 60s. The negative effects did not reach the majority of the people until at least the 1990s. I don't know why some people feel the need to talk about the USA when they know nothing about it.

If you read carefully, I never claimed to know anything about US. That is why I asked for clarification from Uya. Whether I think US declined or not is a matter of perspective. I also don't know why some people feel the need to talk about China when they "don't know nothing" about it.

Now you are feeling the effect of how it is when people criticise your country. I see the international media criticising China almost on a daily basis. Not long ago, and for many years, there are people who criticise China in this forum, also almost on a daily basis. What goes around comes around. Never do unto others what you don't like others to do unto you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-24 16:35:58 |Display all floors
zhiran Post time: 2018-8-24 10:22
That statement will be treated with contempt it deserves.

You should be offended by ANY racism, n ...
You should be offended by ANY racism, no matter what RACE a person is.

But you have not yet said anything about this incident where an Asian was called "ching-chong".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-25 13:02:52 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-8-24 16:31
If you read carefully, I never claimed to know anything about US. That is why I asked for clarif ...

Well,argued and debated criticism of any country should be discussed. This is a discussion forum after all.

However, no one organizes with friends and campaigns to have posters banned because they criticize western countries. That some have joined and led organized campaigns for posters who criticize China cannot be denied. A number of the posters in this very thread have led them.

And as for criticism of China in the foreign media. The foreign media criticizes ALL counties. They view their role as to keep governments in check and accountable for what they do or not do. And the fact that bad news sells better than good new plays a part. The idea that it is only China that is singled out is nonsense. Look at the media criticizes it’s own government and that should give you a clue. Chinese media plays a completely different role in society and many Chinese don’t understand the difference.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-8-25 15:39:51 |Display all floors
zhiran Post time: 2018-8-23 18:22
That statement will be treated with contempt it deserves.

You should be offended by ANY racism, n ...

Ah, so moniker seneca has become Asian now.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-25 15:40:45 |Display all floors
zhiran Post time: 2018-8-24 21:02
Well,argued and debated criticism of any country should be discussed. This is a discussion forum a ...

That comment was written by the team that mans moniker seneca. You may as well admit it.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-25 16:22:48 |Display all floors
oranges111 Post time: 2018-8-24 23:48
> I also don't know why some people feel the need to talk about China when they "don't know nothin ...

I knew moniker seneca's ghosts would start showing up sooner or later.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-8-25 16:56:38 |Display all floors
oranges111 Post time: 2018-8-25 15:48
> I also don't know why some people feel the need to talk about China when they "don't know nothin ...

For a "newcomer" your pretty knowledgeable of the poster here.

Since you claim your "Asian", I'm curious to know where your from.
And, since your "anti-China", what prompted you to join the CD?

Me thinks you are a ghost of a banned poster.
A month away from the CD is too long for you to resist.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.