Author: ceciliazhang

Why are the new generation of Chinese putting off marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-18 13:03:27 |Display all floors
Number of marriages could go up dramatically if Chinese girls stop demanding 'house and car' as pre-condition for marriage.  Many men can't meet their demand. And girls' parents should stop demanding exhorbitant bride price, often running into hundreds of thousands yuan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-18 13:10:55 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2018-8-16 16:55
You become like one of our banned friends, making stuff-up. Do some research and inform the forum w ...

I report what I read in the media. Perhaps more appropriate to say, 'among the highest in the world'.  Regardless, my point is that the high divorce rate does not justify rushing into marriage!  Much has been written about China's high diivorce rate, so it's a distraction on your part to rank by countries!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-18 13:16:39 |Display all floors
"Why are the new generation of Chinese putting off marriage?"

Here's make 2 cents worth; the new generation are more practical than their parents; they don't see huge value in a piece of paper(marriage certificate) when they can enjoy themselves first, even live in de facto relationship!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-12 17:10:22 |Display all floors
The abolishing of the one-child policy will naturally lead to more kids born, so it probably wont impact the birth rate so much. I think time spent at work has an enormous effect on the ability for men and women to get together both to meet and after marriage. If you never see your wife/husband then it is obvious they are going to look elsewhere for the closeness they need. This accounts for the highter divorce rate and later marriage ages.
testing the waters

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-9-12 22:21:54 |Display all floors
I would be happy to come to China to impregnate some Chinese chicks for you guys.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-9-12 22:22:22 |Display all floors
Line them up.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-9-13 09:05:13 |Display all floors
chinese men are discriminated against, but it wont stop if they keep paying silly money to get married
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.