Author: ceciliazhang

Will China end two-child policy? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-11 10:34:34 |Display all floors

In response to the rumours, a spokesperson at Han Meilin Art Museum told MailOnline that Han decided to draw three piglets because they made the composition of the painting more balanced.

Moreover, the five pigs on the stamp echo an auspicious Chinese proverb 'five blessings gathering together' and the design is set to bring good luck to the public in the coming year, the spokesperson added.

According to the museum, Han had painted many different drafts for the stamps, including two versions that show a pig family with as many as five piglets.

In a statement, China Post said the five-pig picture symbolises 'a happy family' and represents the good wishes they want to extend to the families around China for the Lunar New Year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-11 11:12:46 |Display all floors
"Will China end two-child policy?"

For sure it is not going back to the one-child policy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-11 12:12:40 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-8-11 10:30
The other design shows a happy pig on its own. The stamps are designed by artist Han Meilin

Don't worry, it is not going back to the one-child policy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-11 12:17:18 |Display all floors
Strange that the Chinese have to resort to stamps to decipher State policies!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-11 23:40:13 |Display all floors
Since sows will often litter anywhere between 5 and 25 piglets, it seems to me that if anything is suffering from a family-planning policy, it is the sow in the chosen stamp, with only 3 little piggies!
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-12 00:45:22 |Display all floors
Quality not quantity is best. There are too many humans. I just don't understand those who want to increase the population.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-8-12 02:06:10 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-8-12 00:45
Quality not quantity is best. There are too many humans. I just don't understand those who want to i ...

especially in certain countries.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.