Views: 4299|Replies: 9

No Need To Die And Go To Heaven [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-8-8 19:29:56 |Display all floors

I have often heard thatsomeone ‘died and went to Heaven’. It came as a surprise revelation to me whenI realized that, I have stayed alive and come to Heaven. I look around and findit very familiar. It looks just like the area around where I live.

I was walking outside,this evening after dark. It had rained earlier in the day and the skies hadcleared up. I could feel a cool and yet exhilarating pleasant dampness as Ilooked up and saw the stars bright and clear above me. I could see Mars too,beautiful and a sparkling shade of red. All was quiet and peaceful with thenight traffic giving a gentle hum to the background. Something I had read froma friend’s recent post on social media inspired me to think about it.

I had had my dinner andwas feeling good. My children were healthy and were finding their purposes inlife at school and work. They were following their hearts with hard work.Family, friends and loved ones were in touch from all over the world, wishingus well.  I am quite content with what I have. I figured, there isnot much more I could have asked of Heaven. Of course, there are a couple ofthings I could ask for, but no need to go into that now…

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-8-11 18:59:21 |Display all floors
Good for you

Life should be "heaven".
Everything one could ask for lays in front of us.
The sadness is when there is a "cost" attached to it.
How can anyone put a price on friends and family?
True happiness and freedom, is being free from worry.
(I envy you )

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-12 07:21:24 |Display all floors
Heaven is having everything that you want not being content with what you have. I bet there is a hell of a lot more you could ask for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-14 01:12:35 |Display all floors
Heaven is quite subjective topic.

A simplistic definition from an individual is usually a place where they get everything they want.

It becomes more complex as soon as you start to think of other people as well. Should it instead be a place where everyone gets what they want?

This is especially true when you start to draw analogies between the "heaven" and the real world. In real world what you have is often away from someone or something else - be it a warm meal, a house, or a family.

Someone could consider to be in heaven when they are well fed and housed, with nice big family, lot of friends, and generally succeeding in their life financially or otherwise.

But how many can claim that, without actually measuring their success against others with less success - if not drawing and leeching their own fortune from others?

In this context, can a real world heaven exist without the real world opposite?

Would an "absolute" heaven even be preferable? Could it only kill competition and development? What does humanity (or life on earth at large ) need more, heaven or development? Remember that the planet is doomed sooner or later.

It is really complicated matter, and touching subjects that some of us have debated in length in other threads on this forum and others.

And that's without even going to the religious aspects, like which bunch one heaven or another belongs to and who gets to go there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-14 14:08:50 |Display all floors
Good for you to have such a family and such contentment. Not many people have such a life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-14 14:24:58 |Display all floors
I see "Heaven" or the next place after death as an entirely new place with different laws and systems from what we have on this life. This is just speculation of course but I come to this conclusion after reading some religious books. Why read religious books? That is because this is all we have available to get an idea of "Heaven" and the afterlife. I don't think it will be a place where I can eat my favourite roast duck all day long. I may not even have to eat at all.

In this context, can a real world heaven exist without the real world opposite?

This is a quote from Jaaja.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam talk about heaven and hell. Taoism and Buddhism talk about good and bad co-existing together.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-8-16 09:01:21 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-8-14 16:24
I see "Heaven" or the next place after death as an entirely new place with different laws and system ...

thanks for your comment! I can relate to it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.