Views: 1309|Replies: 0

Language Exchange in Germany [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-7 17:49:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Erdmadchen at 2018-8-7 18:00

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and wanted to share something on language learning after reading an article about families in China spending so much on their offspring for their foreign language education abroad. I believe it is horrendous amount of money for most of the families.

Why nobody hosts a foreign child at their home instead of paying so much? Based in Germany, we host foreign children from European countries and do not even demand a single cent for our efforts. We show them around, pay their museum visits as well as swimming pool entrances during summer. We even organise school visits two weeks, for free, and sit down with them one hour every day to practice what they learned. Surely many families would not spend so much time to teach a foreign child, but we do. It is all on a reciprocal basis. You host my child and I host yours, it works so simple. It is nice if you could help your host child daily with her target language, but if you can't that is not a problem, if the child you are hosting can visit a school with your child to have some practice.  

We would happily welcome a Mandarin speaking child too if a parent is interested. We speak English at home (one parent English, one parent German), but the school language is in German. As we have a daughter, attending a highly selective high school, we prefer to host a girl. Our daughter is fluent in German, English and French. She is learning Chinese and would like to visit Beijing.

Thanks for reading this and you are welcome to write a message here.

Best wishes to you all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.