Author: ceciliazhang

Can bride price be put to an end? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-9 11:36:29 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-8-8 18:07
Well, so what? These people meet their parents' hopes, their own ones (to a modest extent, I presu ...

" They produce the requisite human fodder on behalf of the government that badly needs young flesh for China's future..."

That is the least important, now that AI technology is so advanced who needs human fodder?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-10 09:28:37 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2018-8-7 17:22
i could say that some Chinese women (and men) have been taught to think of prospective partners pu ...

This is the plain pain truth under the sun!
Life is beautiful with good looking and nice sweet things!
Who would want to look at the ugly and get nighmare?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-11 12:37:12 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2018-8-7 17:22
i could say that some Chinese women (and men) have been taught to think of prospective partners pu ...

"i could say that some Chinese women (and men) have been taught to think of prospective partners purely in monetary terms, or obsess about having a handsome/beautiful partner)"

First part absolutely right; partiallly right on second part.  Chinese men want beautiful wives, but Chinese women don't mind the not-so-handome men as long as they have plenty of money, with house and car, and chain smokers too!  They don't  mind the secondhand smoke that rich men bring to their families, poisoning their children, parents and grandparents!  It is very common to see beautiful Chinese girls locked in arms with chain smokers, none too concerned about the secondhand smoke they inhale everyday!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.