Author: ceciliazhang

Can bride price be put to an end? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-8-8 13:18:36 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-8-8 12:31
So you want to have a bride on the cheap!  Ha, you will pay dearly for that!

Not a chance. I would never be told or blackmailed in to paying to get married. I have no sympathy for these men because many don't care if their wives don't love them. Just as long as they can walk down the busy street so they can show off their trophy wives
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-8 15:53:40 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-8-8 13:18
Not a chance. I would never be told or blackmailed in to paying to get married. I have no sympathy ...

in a lot of cases it is about pleasing the parents and producing a child.
i know of many married people who live and work in separate cities with the child taken care of by the grandparents - their 'work' is done.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-8 17:09:47 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2018-8-8 15:53
in a lot of cases it is about pleasing the parents and producing a child.
i know of many married p ...

You are right!  Chinese parents want their children to get married quick so they can have grandchildren; it's an out-dated tradition but they still cling to it!  And in Chinese custom a person's life is not complete till he/she gets married and have children!  That explains the desperation of singles to find a match, often ended up being cheated by fraudsters.  
Recetly, a woman met a man online and after chatting, fell in love with him even before any meeting because her age was catching up and parents have been grumbling about her singlehood.  Before long she sent him 200,000 yuan even without meeting the man who then cut her off; she reported to the police who investigated and found that the man was part of a fraud ring preying on desperate women!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-8-8 18:07:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-9 08:33:02 |Display all floors
$13,000 is a lot of hooker money. Spending the money on hookers seems like better value to me.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-9 08:39:52 |Display all floors
You could spend about 36 hours at Casablanca brothel in Liverpool/Sydney for $13,000 USD. Its my favourite brothel. Its high class five stars. 36 hours at Casablanca is priceless really.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-8-9 11:17:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.