Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese Navy more confident in sailing the deep sea [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-12-9 04:42:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-12-9 13:18

The fact of the matter is that we used to advocate keeping a cool head in dealing with the Sino-U.S. relationship, and we still do.

But there is a limit to what the Chinese people can tolerate and cannot.

Meng being confined in Canada awaiting extradition reminds me of the special rights of foreign authorities dictating to Chinese subjects what they can't or cannot do back in the Qing days, sometimes even in their own country -- in which case it would be called extraterritoriality.  Althought this case is not extraterritoriality since it occurred outside of China, it is still of the same nature because it is an affront to the dignity and human rights enjoyed by Meng as a Chinese citizen.

While Canada is one of the five Anglo nations (even as its PM is ethnically French), Meng is hardly visiting that country.  

She was in transit to go to Mexico to attend an important meeting for Huawei, and that's where the political part of the equation comes in.  A top Chinese scientist who was involved in a deal with Huawei using quantum theory to solve 5G technological problems was found dead in the West, leading to the conspiracy conjecture because of the timing coincidence of the two events -- Meng's arrest and the death of the scientist.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-12-9 06:23:20 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-9 04:27
Unless you are his attorney in the case, you don't know the whole story do you?

The Chinese polic ...

Of course we know the whole story.......cameras captured the whole incident.....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 07:17:08 |Display all floors
Of course we know the whole story.......cameras captured the whole incident....

So you've got the whole thing captured by camera and the guy has been incarcerated for years awaiting trial, and all he had done was fighting some racists in a bar.

Is that right?

You must admit that is very unusual because laowais mostly get the lower end of the arm of the law, exactly opposite to what happens in courts of the West.

You should report this case to the newspapers in Chongqing.

I am pretty sure that is not what really happened.

It's like someone holding a knife over a dead body -- he could have picked up the knife from the ground and just watching over the body until the police arrives.

People recording the event might have come late and didn't see the real killer escape from the scene.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-12-9 12:44:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-12-9 12:46
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-9 07:17
So you've got the whole thing captured by camera and the guy has been incarcerated for years await ...

Yet they would not play the incident during his trial despite pleas from the american who was representing himself during the trial. His collegues were with him during the attack as well. Wendell i'm afraid was used aa bait in the escalating feud between USA And China. As for your wild claim that foreigners are treated leniently, i have yet to see any evidence what so Ever to back that up, nor has anybody provided any evidence. For years foreigners have been treated exactly The same as locals
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 13:21:12 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-12-9 14:11:12 |Display all floors
Filter misbehaving, but i wont repeat....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 15:50:46 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-12-9 12:44
Yet they would not play the incident during his trial despite pleas from the american who was repre ...

Foreigners treated exactly the same as locals?  That's fantastic news to me.  

In Western courts Chinese nationals are always treated the worst.  In Hongkong's courts during British rule, Brits almost never had to spend a day in jail unless it was a truly ugly case, like in the case of a British called Gobba who was arrested in Spain with his $HK 500 million graft money collected when he was Chief of Police in the 1960s and 70s.  

I think if you believe wrong has been done and that this Wendell fellow was the victim of what you called 'racist attack' in a bar, then that's sensational news in the Western-controlled media.

Oh especially your claim that he had been incarcerated for years awaiting trial -- bring that to the attention of CNN.  But as I said, videos don't prove anything because it could be time-dependent as illustrated in the example I gave you above.

Which means I seriously doubt this is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.