Author: ceciliazhang

Will car sharing dominate the future of shared mobility? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-3 16:17:28 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-8-3 15:10
Don't pamper girlfriend, if she loves you she would go along with you by public transport; if she  ...

Well if I dug a hole in the ground  to live in how many girls do you think would live with me? Anyway I dont even have a girlfriend because I am so poor - I am just telling you why we will never be able to get rid of cars - its because guys need nice cars to impress females. Also the public is disgusting and nobody wants to have to travel with them even if they do not have a gf.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-6 06:32:17 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-8-1 23:10
Forget car sharing!  Public transport is the way to go!  Cars are a public nuisance, clogged up stre ...

But the convenience of not having to wait for mass transit will attract the wealthier people to car-sharing. And this would still reduce the number of cars in use. There'll be an appropriate mix of mass transit and car-sharing. One problem will be the resistance of the car and fuel industries to both.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-6 12:20:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-8-6 12:22
Ted180 Post time: 2018-8-6 06:32
But the convenience of not having to wait for mass transit will attract the wealthier people to ca ...

The convenience is far out-weighed by the negatives of car ownership.  Even car-sharing is bad, as it means more cars on the road.  The ideal is still car-free environment; 100% public transport.  Btw, mass transit in China is very efficient, trains and buses come every few minutes and available late through the night!  No excuse to own cars. Car owners must be made to pay a social cost, with high car licence fees, high gasoline tax, high road tax, high parking fees, etc!  All fees and taxes collected must be ploughed back into public transport!  China must go down this path to avoid the daily gridlock, air pollution, energy cost etc, which is costly to all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-7 14:19:16 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-8-3 16:17
Well if I dug a hole in the ground  to live in how many girls do you think would live with me? Any ...

If you dug a whole in the ground, not even a rat would live with you.  But if you have a decent home, even without a car,  you might be able to find  gilr willing to live with you. Cars are not important to a genuine relationship!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-8 17:28:21 |Display all floors
I wish non-mobility would dominate the future. Work should go to where people are, and not the other way. Does not work in all industries, but would in many.

Working from home, or from shared office space in your neighbourhood, instead of commuting to other part of city.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.