Trump facing backlash at home for shocking performance in Helsinki - Page 5 - World Affairs - Chinadaily Forum
Author: reedak

Trump facing backlash at home for shocking performance in Helsinki [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-24 11:07:30 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-23 15:45
And I am telling you how expert the Chinese are at undermining the West and other civilisations, n ...

If China wanted to overun any continent it would have done so long ago, but it has stuck to its non interference policy, unlike the Europeans who invaded every continent on earth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-27 22:05:34 |Display all floors
As a moderate leftist I oppose Trump and the Republicans. However, much of the criticism of Trump is naive and aimed at the ignorant. By chance, Trump has some policies with which I agree. One is to seek better relations with Russia. I think this is needed to absorb Russia into the free world and to end Russian neo-imperialism. The other is to restrict illegal immigration which lowers the wages of workers. I realize Trump's real motives in both cases are bad; but, nevertheless, the policies are broadly correct.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-28 12:39:04 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-7-27 22:05
As a moderate leftist I oppose Trump and the Republicans. However, much of the criticism of Trump is ...

"Trump has some policies with which I agree. One is to seek better relations with Russia. I think this is needed to absorb Russia into the free world and to end Russian neo-imperialism."

Beg to differ!  Trump is not seeking better relations with Russia on behalf of the US, he does so for himself; he is under investigation for collusion with the Russians who helped him get into the White House; he needed Putin's denial so that he can tell Americans,'There is No Collusion'!  There is also speculation that Putin has Trump compromised when the latter was doing business in Russia.; that explains why Trump was so weak in front of Putin despite the latter being involved in several international misadventures!  Shaking hands with one who is badly tainted, and accepting his denials over the findings of his own intelligence community, makes Trump less than the hero you painted him to be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-28 12:48:52 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-7-27 22:05
As a moderate leftist I oppose Trump and the Republicans. However, much of the criticism of Trump is ...

"I think this is needed to absorb Russia into the free world and to end Russian neo-imperialismI think this is needed to absorb Russia into the free world and to end Russian neo-imperialism"

Too simplistic a viewpoint!  Russia can only be welcomed back into the international community of nations if it owns up and makes amends for its invasion of a sovereign nation Ukraine and annexing Crimea, its involvement in the shooting down of a civilian Malaysian airliner, its poisoning of Russians in exile in UK, its interference in 2016 US Presidential Election, etc!  Trump's warm relations with Putin without demanding Russian amends to the above is shameful!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-30 09:24:59 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-19 14:36
Trump defending Putin aggainst accusations of meddling in US election is like a policeman defending  ...

Trump is not a politician he is a person who gets things done. This is exactly why America elected him. Under his presidency, the American economy has flourished. It is only the leftist media who he constantly ignores that try to spin every report about him negatively. They do this because he exposed them for the fake-news manipulators they've been the last 40 years. Trump has threatened their very existence so they're desperately trying to dig up dirt even though the American people aren't interested. They're just happy to have money in the bank again after Obama and Bush

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-30 12:23:27 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2018-7-30 09:24
Trump is not a politician he is a person who gets things done. This is exactly why America elected ...

"Under his presidency, the American economy has flourished."

Not so, the economy's upturn has little to do with Trump's actions; it is the flow-over from the previous administration, and in line  with economic recovery the world over. You have jumped in too quickly to credit Trump.  Trump's latest trade war with China, and the other trading partners could very well derail the world economic recovery and undo the gains in the US.  Trump is wrecking the world economy; you look foolish praising him!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-31 23:36:48 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-27 23:48
"I think this is needed to absorb Russia into the free world and to end Russian neo-imperialismI t ...

Putting more obstacles into absorbing Russia suggests actual opposition to free world power.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.