Author: ceciliazhang

Which countries can be considered friends of the US?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-7-20 11:39:02 |Display all floors
The USA can't even be a true democracy itself.
The current president won the election with approx. 3,000,000 fewer votes than Hillary.
The vote of someone living in Wyoming has about 4 times the value of the vote of someone
living in California.
This is because of electoral college, a glaring flaw in the ancient constitution of the USA.
Add to that the fact that the only candidates for high office the voters have to choose from
are all funded by the super rich.
You can also add in that communism is technically illegal in the USA.
Look up "The Communist Control Act of 1954" if you don't believe me. It's still on the books today
and can be used at any time if communism ever because a real thread to the present oligarchy of the USA.

So the USA is far from a democracy. It's really a capitalist oligarchy.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-20 17:04:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-20 17:04:53 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-20 17:06:23 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-20 17:14:47 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-7-20 11:39
The USA can't even be a true democracy itself.
The current president won the election with approx. 3 ...

Agreed, in a true democracy Trump would be out of the race long ago! The archaic Electoral System works  in his favordespite having less of the popular votes than Hillary!  In a true democracy he would be is illegitimate!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-20 23:21:54 |Display all floors
Good response Robert-it's on the nose!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-21 07:07:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-20 04:06
The USA also was the only dependable friend the Asians had during the worst time when Japan was  ...

Great fan of the USA that I am (even with the current Trump disaster), I think you are too generous about the US "sacrifice" in the war against Japan. It was China that made the real "sacrifice". The US managed that war with so little loss.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.