Author: ceciliazhang

Is there an end to U.S. technological hegemony? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-19 12:42:06 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-7-17 15:44
Breakthrough technologies throughout history would be something like fire, electricity, printing , ...

re: "What I hope for China is to go beyond all these "upgrades" and come up with some life-changing technology that can help people live better lives."

Yes indeed, and China is working on it.
The US is just as disruptive (if not more so) as any other nation. Here's an example:
         Google’s fine of $5 billion antitrust fine is the latest move in a long-running crackdown by the EU on U.S. tech giants which is roughly the equivalent of 40% of Google’s 2017 net profit.

Back to 'innovations'; on Science Island in Anhui Province China is working on nuclear fusion and clean energy to develop limitless energy with virtually no waste at all what is seen as the holy grail of energy...

Others trying to master nuclear fusion, the US, Japan, Korea, Brazil and EU, but it seems that China's " EAST" team is progressing the most...
  Good luck to them, the Whole world would benefit from eliminating the OIL & GAS  wars around the globe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-19 13:10:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-19 13:11:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-7-19 13:25:52 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-7-16 23:44
Breakthrough technologies throughout history would be something like fire, electricity, printing , ...

I agree.

In my opinion the true innovations in the last few centuries have been the combustion engine and the transistor which gave birth to the integrated circuit. The battery, radio technology, and electric motor
could be included.

Almost all the gizmos of today have their roots in these.

China invented the compass and gunpowder which the west copied and used commit worldwide genocide for profit and power over the past 500 years.

Maybe the time has come for China discover an almost unlimited source of clean, renewable energy.
That would truly be a world changing innovation. Then the oceans could become a virtually unlimited
source of pure water for people and agriculture. Pumping stations would have all the energy they need.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-19 13:26:56 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2018-7-17 05:55
Technology will simply spread to ALL parts of the world. National boundaries should not stop that.

Trump the idiot is trying to stop it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-19 13:37:55 |Display all floors
coralbay Post time: 2018-7-19 13:11
Post should read ‘protectionist’.

I don't really care what ya figure,

However, me see that you're in pain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-19 14:53:55 |Display all floors
Companies spend billions in R&D and you think it's OK to just steal it. Hence, this is the main sticking point of the Trump Tariffs. The incentive for R&D is making money but this only works if you can recoup your development costs. Otherwise, sure just steal the other guy's work.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.