Views: 7468|Replies: 10

How long is it from child to thinker? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-7-14 08:05:00 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2018-7-14 09:57

It was hard for me to get into sleep last night due to the recent storm taking place in the Forum where some 'enemy‘ colleagues launched me bitter personal attacks driving me to think a lot about what thinking is in the end!
Here is a joke that happened twenty years ago:
The neighboring three-year-old boy asked me:"Uncle, tell me if dad is good man or bad one?”
“Why?” I wondered.
"Father loves me but often bullies mother day and night!"
All people at the scene including me could not help laughing!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-14 10:34:45 |Display all floors
Really, kids are smart on thinking which process may go in logical way or by the sixth sense of the body whose words are funny, humorous, pure but sometime might-be full of philosophy!  Children act as fish in water who swims everywhere as they wish just as their free-style of thinking going on deeply in the brain!
Parents are natural teachers to help kids to develop such thinking ability, by offering them more explaining about the physical world.
But the people in the east and west do the same job in different ways. Foreigners are more considerable who are patient and scientific on explaining the meaning of each word while we Chinese are quite rude to kids:‘Water is water, hand is hand!’  Our simple teaching goes   not smoothly on thinking!  You can realize such difference if you have a closed check on the different  ways by which the English dictionary and Chinese one were produced!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-14 10:51:57 |Display all floors
Students have piles of books on the desk. All should be called as language one!  Any science or language book must go word by word like the hole-drilling by machine on the metal thing that is done deeper and deeper! Such process should go as smoothly as possible since any hurry may delay the processing!
I feel pity our teaching is not as fine as what foreigners do!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-14 11:46:53 |Display all floors
                     Why university graduates were called ‘bean sprouts’?
When I was in junior middle school, certainly my biggest ambitious desire was  to get into university someday through hard work on lessons. But on the radio I heard a strange saying:"Some experts claim that our college graduates are as weak as bean sprouts once they enter the society for job who seem like the young plants growing in the green house who can not adapt the production activity!"
What is the bottom reason for the result?  Why do so many graduates  feel empty when they look back at what they have done on lessons in the post?  Our teaching materials were poorly written with little logical things and students are seldom  trained on thinking all by themselves!  Theory is taught with less tests or experience and children have to recite the text word by word like a tape-recorder!
Students can not become self-confident since they have not got enough nutrition on thinking-growth!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-14 14:57:25 |Display all floors
                           From 'official‘ to teacherThe sharp of  官 (guan)is interesting which means ‘official’ in Chinese: Its top looks like the roof of a house; 口 shapes as ‘mouth’; the whole character 官 tells us ‘There are two people under the same roof of the Imperial Court who do not have independent ‘mouth'! ------------In other words the officials alway share some same things when they make a speech! ’’
In movies we often see that the imperial edict being announced without one-word error; furthermore senior officials would repeat the emperor‘s original words to low-level ones without any change! Please let me point out that even in the modern Chinese society, too many government officers enjoy such ugly working style. What makes the things worse is that Chinese teachers also do teaching in that way who read the text as important mean to 'pass on knowledge'! Few of them can make a lecture in their own oral words! (In fact they are not allowed to do so!) ----------This is poison or drug for our education in china! All the students are addicted by the invisible chemical who copy book sentences without criticism.  Such learning is no use to develop thinking power!

Pity!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-14 17:17:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-14 17:28:36 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.