Author: UYA

China Jails Hundreds of Officials for Pollution Violations [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-7-15 05:15:10 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-7-14 22:06
China has paid high price for the heavy pollution from the rapid development of industry. In the vil ...

I think, more and more of the peasants living in the countryside, have been educated by the local government.
They are coming more aware of the harms peoples actions have in the environment.
China is going the right direction after many years of misguided and ignored policies.

We can not expect ALL environmental problems be stopped in the near future.
But they have a long term goal in sight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-15 11:58:50 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-15 05:15
I think, more and more of the peasants living in the countryside, have been educated by the local  ...

At at least ten years ago, people were debating on if we were in the European mode that was 'First to develop economy and then crack down pollution! ’’  Now I have to admit that pollution is permanent topic as we go ahead and live on. The problem should be that how we deal with it in a reasonable and scientific way which is as important as gold production in some sense!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-15 12:19:48 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-7-15 00:12
How does boiling water in "taste plastic bags work"? Wouldn't a metal pan do the job much better. If ...

What a misunderstanding to my comment it is!  Is my English so confused as some colleagues criticized me on writing? It is really a joke if Tom cooks water in old plastic bag for drinking!
I mean that plastic is made from oil that is good firewood specially for you to make a fire. In winter I burn taste chemical things as coal. (Certainly my main fuel is coal and real firewood.)  That steaming stove is nice tool to digest the rubbish!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-7-15 17:13:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2018-7-16 15:41
SEARU Post time: 2018-7-15 11:58
At at least ten years ago, people were debating on if we were in the European mode that was 'First ...

In a "profit" oriented business....
pollution will ALWAYS be a problem

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-16 14:43:57 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-7-14 18:28
Should the AIA, after the Vienna  Ozon-Action Side meeting which is taking place from 11-14 July  ...

On Saturday, delegates to the Open-Ended Working Group to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (OEWG 40) finalized discussions on data reporting, unexpected emissions of trichlorofluoromethane (CFC-11), Technology and Economic Assessment Panel (TEAP) senior expert nominations, energy efficiency, and adjustments to the Protocol.

OEWG 40 concluded all its agenda items until the thirtieth Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol on Substance that Deplete the Ozone Layer (MOP 30) and received submissions of three conference room papers (CRPs) that will be forwarded for consideration by MOP 30 convening in November in Quito, Ecuador. These relate to: unexpected emissions of CFC-11; access of Article 5 parties to energy-efficient technologies in the refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat-pump sectors; and addressing the composition and balance of the assessment panels.

Other highlights of the day included:

China reported on its immediate actions following reports of unexpected CFC-11 emissions from the East Asia region, including onsite inspections, sample collections, testing, and investigations of leads provided by the Environmental Investigation Agency.
    OEWG 40 delegates highlighted discussions and suggestions on possible actions to be taken on CFC-11 prior to MOP 30, including by the Secretariat, the Scientific Assessment Panel and TEAP, parties, and institutions.

After adopting the report of the meeting and hearing closing statements, OEWG 40 closed at 10:40 pm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-16 15:51:32 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-7-13 22:10
Most likely some people will, but most folks do understand that China is on the right track.

P ...

Trump is taking the US backwards and hurting the rest of the world too by tearing up the Paris Climate Accord!  Sad for the Americans who voted in a crazy man to run their country!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-7-16 20:25:17 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-7-16 08:51
Trump is taking the US backwards and hurting the rest of the world too by tearing up the Paris Cli ...

Wall Street got the right man for president
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.