Canada just legalized marijuana - Page 57 - World Affairs - Chinadaily Forum
Author: UYA

Canada just legalized marijuana   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-8-10 08:57
re: "I give a salute to Canada!"

I wish I could be as positive about drugs as you are...

MDPV is a legal stimulant who's chemical name is 3, 4-Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, and is the active ingredient in "Bath Salts". A DEA report from December 2010 states that “preliminary testing indicates that the active ingredients in many brands [of bath salts] contain MDPV (3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone) and/or mephedrone.” Mephedrone, also known as 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC), or 4-methylephedrone, is a synthetic stimulant drug of the amphetamine and cathinone classes. Slang names include “meph,” “drone,” “MCAT,” and "meow, meow."

Mephedrone is reportedly manufactured in China and is chemically similar to the cathinone compounds found in the khat plant of eastern Africa. It comes in the form of tablets or a powder, which users can swallow, snort or inject, producing similar effects to MDMA, amphetamines and cocaine. Because of the emergent nature of this class of substances, there has been some questioning as to what is in the composition of ‘bath salts’, though most evidence is leaning towards MDPV as being the compound of choice currently in ‘bath salts’.

In the United States, MDPV was packaged as “bath salts” but easy research from the internet showed that “bath salts” such as ‘Ivory Wave’ were being packaged as legal alternative stimulant drugs, and avoid prosecution by putting “Not For Human Consumption” on the packaging. However, some of these can barely contain themselves for what they really are, with one brand having a picture of Al Pacino’s ‘Scarface’ on its packaging.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-8-10 08:57

We only legalized pot.

These chemicals you talk about mostly originate in China.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2018-8-11 02:18
emanreus Post time: 2018-8-10 21:57

Pot is NOT this!
"Apples vs oranges"
Many legal "drugs" have caused DEATH.
Opiates
Antibiotics
Asprin
and the worst....
Alcohol
How many deaths pot causes?
(0)

To compare pot with these "legal" drugs is nonsense.

Use magic tools Report

Saul Post time: 2018-7-23 23:12
The Mj sold in Canada legally is only grown indoors.

Climate controlled and no pesticides used.{: ...

Most conesures of pot, prefer "outdoor" grown.
natural and has traits that can not be duplicated indoors.
Indoor grown uses chemicals and fertilizers in the process.  
I prefer "natural".
Go Green!!!!

Use magic tools Report

GustyWind Post time: 2018-7-18 04:15
True anyway.

[ By the way, Canada population is 36 million, while USA has 325  ...

Thanks anyway. Like I said, it's all about economic issue.  Canada, with a population of 36 million, grows five times more weed/marijuana than USA, with a population of 325 million. Canada grows mainly in British Columbia, while USA has in Northern California's Emerald Triangle. They legalize it so as to compete, export and sell in much larger U.S. market. That is what is all about.

Use magic tools Report

Saul Post time: 2018-8-10 23:35
MDPV is a legal stimulant who's chemical name is 3, 4-Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, and is the activ ...

Another example how something "legal" is much more dangerous than something "illegal" as pot.
They except a harmful legal drug, but not a illegal safe one.
This thread points out the false stigmas associated with pot.
And the industries who made it illegal.
People can not believe how safe and even beneficial this plant is.

Don't believe everything a government tells you.

Use magic tools Report

chinoamigo Post time: 2018-8-11 03:51
Thanks anyway. Like I said, it's all about economic issue.  Canada, with a population o ...

Profit is just a small reason for legalization.
I think the biggest reason, is to stop "criminalizing" something relatively harmless.
Can you imagine how much resources are spent, trying to enforce something most people don't care or use?
A government can make better use of its efforts.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.