Views: 4799|Replies: 10

Anti Sexism = Nonsensical Political Correction [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-9 18:04:00 |Display all floors
There are two threads on CD about anti-sexism in China, and the same central idea of them is men and women should be treated as same. That's downright nonsense of political correction.

Yes, as the title of my thread suggests, I am an adamant "sexism" supporter.
My own definition of sexism is dfiferent from that in any English dictionary, but I admit the factual differences between the genders in physics and phychology, instead of being out of discrimination.

For those antagonists, here are a few questions.

- Do you want your mother, wife, or daughter(s) to go to Men's restroom?
- Why do Olympic Games have to separate different groups between two genders?
- Would you ask a woman to be topless as it is fine for men?
- Do any men want to wear high-heel, and shirt as women?

Obviously, women are physically weak on an average. Domestic violence mostly happens against women.

Sexism in my own definition is to admit the differences between the two genders which are made by the nature, which hinge upon on the hormones. Few women would possibly have the muscular muscles like men's, even if they hit the gym everyday.

Nature Mother creates all kinds of animals. You would never ask an elephant to complete with a horse in race. They are different. Horses are good at racing, and elephants are good at weighing.  So are the humans in two genders, which means either men or women should do their own jobs.

You would never ask women to eat the same portion with men.

Egalitarianism between the genders is never about the competing brawn, but specially the equal dignity of being humans.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-6-10 10:32:33 |Display all floors
I prefer women's work because it is a lot easier. I used to be a childcare worker and it was so easy. I have worked in a cafe cooking food which was also very easy. Right now I work as a cleaner which is also very easy. For a few years I worked as a tyre fitter changing and repairing truck and tractor tyres which was very hard. Women's work is so easy yet they are always complaining about it. Consider a housewife that has to watch some children vacuum a floor and put a load of clothing in the washer and drier in between watching Oprah or The View - this is a heck of a lot easier than going to work yet all we hear from these complaining lazy housewives how busy they are. In my opinion these women are quite ridiculous. When it comes to women's labour verses men's labour the men's labour is always much harder. My hands are as soft as a babies ass thanks to choosing to do mostly women's work you know.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-6-10 10:47:04 |Display all floors
These lazy complaining housewives will tell us that they are better at caring for children but it is bullcrap - I know a lot more about child development that the majority of lazy complaining housewives in the world and kids love me! They will tell us we can't do housework - of course we can. What else do they do? Its all very easy.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-6-10 10:50:53 |Display all floors
The next time you hear some lazy housewife complaining about how hard her life is and how unfulfilled she is give her a slap and give her some truck tyres that are on split rim wheels to repair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-10 12:20:56 |Display all floors
The OP has missed the whole point of our threads!  I admit there are differences between men and women and they can never be equal, but using the 'weaker sex' as an excuse for special privileges is a sham.  Go read my posts in those two threads; I've made it abundantly clear that women can't demand equality with men at work, for instance, because women are made differently,they  have limitations which men don't have.  More importantly, public amenities must never be the subject of this 'weaker sex' sham; that would create inequalities; so setting aside special lanes for women only would result in less lanes for the general public!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-10 12:33:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-6-10 12:37

'For those antagonists, here are a few questions.

- Do you want your mother, wife, or daughter(s) to go to Men's restroom?
- Why do Olympic Games have to separate different groups between two genders?
- Would you ask a woman to be topless as it is fine for men?
- Do any men want to wear high-heel, and shirt as women?'

You are engaging in selective disinformation.
-Women using Men's restrooms has never been a problem; separate rooms have been the accepted norm, and that must continue, although lately there are some outlets which have unisex toilets, and those are working fine too. So we shouldn't be debating this
- Re Olympics, that's exactly like I said, women can't compete with men
- No one is demanding women go topless in public;  I do have a problem with men being topless in public, they should be decently dressed.
- Men wearing high heels or skirts is a matter of personal choice, does not affect the public, so no objection to that.
The whole point of my thread is that the public must not be inconvenienced; public amenities must be opened to all regardless of sex.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-11 07:57:54 |Display all floors
Athletes are professionals. In other words, jobs are their jobs.  Why do people have to separate women and men in most of sports?
Norm is set up by people. If it is not reasonable, people should break up and fight for the rigihts, however I bet your wife, mother wouldn't like to go men's restroom.

The norm is widely accepted worldwide.

If the separate carriages of subway train are implemented for a while and it can be norm as well. Your points do NOT hold at all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.