Every amazing, strange, and delicious food I tried in China - Page 5 - Travel - Chinadaily Forum
Author: ceciliazhang

Every amazing, strange, and delicious food I tried in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-4 11:14:03 |Display all floors
After a few too many spicy dishes, I needed to cool down my taste buds. Zeng Gao, a traditional sweet breakfast dish made from steamed glutinous rice and Chinese dates, did the trick.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:14:43 |Display all floors
I certainly wasn't hungry after all the street food, but I had to try this fried pastry puff filled with sweet beans. It had just come out of the fryer.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:15:24 |Display all floors
Shaanxi cuisine's most iconic dish is biang biang noodles. It's extremely long, thick, hand-pulled noodles topped with chili, pork, and then a variety of vegetables like potatoes, carrots, and greens.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:17:24 |Display all floors
If you haven't gotten the picture yet, Shaanxi cuisine is renowned for its many types of noodles. This goat noodle soup might have been my favorite. It's made with long, hand-pulled, spaghetti-like noodles with a spicy meat broth and boneless goat meat.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:19:02 |Display all floors
My last stop in China was Shenzhen in southern China. Due to its proximity to Hong Kong, both cities serve Cantonese food. On my first day in Shenzhen, I got a selection of roast meats, including chicken, pork, and duck.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:19:39 |Display all floors
Shenzhen is a great place to try Cantonese dim sum, the Chinese version of brunch with small bite-sized dishes served with tea. A few of my favorite dim sum dishes are (from left) shrimp siu mai, steamed pork buns, and ribs in black bean sauce.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:21:49 |Display all floors
Stewed chicken feet are a dim sum favorite. The feet are deep fried, braised in a garlicky, sweet sauce, and then steamed. Eat the feet by sucking the tender, soft skin off the bone and discarding the bones as you go.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.