Every amazing, strange, and delicious food I tried in China - Page 4 - Travel - Chinadaily Forum
Author: ceciliazhang

Every amazing, strange, and delicious food I tried in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-4 11:07:27 |Display all floors
In Shanghai, I visited Hema Xiansheng, Alibaba's grocery store of the future. It has a counter where you can select fresh seafood to be cooked in a variety of methods. I had spicy crab cooked with a number of dry spices, prawns cooked with chilis, and clams cooked with garlic and ginger. It was all very fresh.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:08:40 |Display all floors
When I got to Beijing, I made a beeline for Siji Minfu, a restaurant that specializes in Peking Duck. While it's a newer restaurant and the wait can sometimes be two hours long, it's a place more popular with locals than tourists. It lives up to the hype.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:09:19 |Display all floors
I started off with fried honey prawns. They were huge and juicy and lightly battered with a honey glaze.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:10:06 |Display all floors
The duck did not disappoint. Peking Duck is all about the thin crispy skin. When done right, it practically melts in your mouth. This was actually the second course, when the majority of the duck meat was served with spring onions, cucumbers, sweet bean sauce and pancakes. The first course was just crispy skin dipped in sugar and garlic sauce.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:10:51 |Display all floors
After the main duck course, a soup made from the duck bones is served with vermicelli noodles and cabbage. It's a bit milky and salty.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:12:37 |Display all floors
In Xi'an I got a whole panfried squid covered in the cumin/chili spice.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-4 11:13:11 |Display all floors
Grilled tofu with Xi'an spices and spring onions is another popular street food in the Muslim Quarter.
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.