China Has Failed Miserably On Tobacco Control! - Page 4 - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum
Author: pnp

China Has Failed Miserably On Tobacco Control!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-6-2 11:27:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-1 19:52
Are you sure? Who gave the government said "duty" to protect people? I think it is the other way a ...

"Does China have enough citizens who want their government to protect the non-smokers? That is the question. "

That is a stupid question, go ask any non smoker whether he wants the govt to control smoking in public!  The answer is obvious!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-2 11:31:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-1 19:52
Are you sure? Who gave the government said "duty" to protect people? I think it is the other way a ...

" In democracies, the people's voice has been heard even though there have always been loud and vociferous dissident voices."

There you go again, with your anti CPC rants; don't use this thread which is about tobcaco control to promote your anti communism, pro democracy agenda; start another thread of your own for that purpose!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-2 11:31:39 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-2 11:35:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-6-2 11:41
seneca Post time: 2018-6-1 16:33
But I don't mean that smokers should light up even in closed rooms.

I deplore that bus captains a ...

'Many a bus driver smokes in the vehicle he drives.'

Surprised you allowed that to happen right under your nose!  You should have stood up and told him to stub it out!  I did that whenever I caught driver smoking on the bus, and he immediately complied because he knew it was against the law, might land in trouble if he refused and I called the complaint hotline, and I would do just that if he didn't comply!!  It's people like you and the Chinese, who don't complain, who encourage such irresponsible behavior!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-2 11:45:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-2 11:31
Oh yes?

I don't believe it's that stupid a question when you see things as I do: Smokers don't as ...

"Why don't their wives, children, in-laws or just any member of the public tell them to stub their ciggy out?'

You have not been reading; I have already given the answer to that, even before you asked.  It's bec Chinese people are brought up to mind their own business; they won't tell some baddies off, preferring to keep quiet and inhale secondhand smoke!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-2 11:48:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-2 11:31
Oh yes?

I don't believe it's that stupid a question when you see things as I do: Smokers don't as ...

"Why does it ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE GOVERNMENT that takes care of issues the citizens have in public and personal life? "

Only govt has the power to enforce its own rules and regulations; what is the govt for if it refuses to do what it expected of it?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-2 12:01:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.