Testing the limits of stupidity - Everyday life - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 1875|Replies: 5

Testing the limits of stupidity [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-29 20:29:47 |Display all floors
Another Christian evangelist testing the limits of stupidity.

----------
A Louisiana-based televangelist is asking his followers to donate money for a $54 million jet that can “go anywhere in the world in one stop,” The Times-Picayune reported.  

Jesse Duplantis, 68, a Christian minister based in Destrehan, about 25 miles east of New Orleans, says his ministry has paid cash for three private jets.

“You know I’ve owned three different jets in my life and used them and used them and just burning them up for the Lord,” Duplantis says in a video posted to his ministries’ website.

Duplantis is now reportedly seeking the funds for a Dassault Falcon 7X, worth $54 million.

The problem with the previous jets, he says, is that they require multiple stops to refuel. But flying the Falcon 7X, Duplantis says, will allow him to save money and not pay “those exorbitant prices with jet fuel all over the world.”  

""I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the earth today, he wouldn’t be riding a donkey ... He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.""
- Jesse Duplantis

“I really believe that if Jesus was physically on the earth today, he wouldn’t be riding a donkey,” Duplantis says in the video, “He’d be in an airplane preaching the gospel all over the world.”

Duplantis’ video comes after another televangelist, Kenneth Copeland in Texas, purchased the Gulfstream V jet for $36 million.

Both televangelists defended their use of private jets during a joint appearance on Copeland’s program, saying that commercial airlines filled with “a bunch of demons” that get in the way of their busy schedules.
----------
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-29 21:44:31 |Display all floors
This is evil, but not the evilest.
The evilest is to ask people to die for their faith, to kill, to put the non followers into jail.

Catholic Ireland just passes a law legalizing abortion. Previously if any women conducted abortion, they will be put into jail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-29 21:50:20 |Display all floors
The first post is being suspended.

The following is the from the book named Don't shoot the dog.

This book is about how to train anyone—human or animal, young or old, oneself or others—to do anything that can and should be done. How to get the cat off the kitchen table or your grandmother to stop nagging you. How to affect behavior in your pets, your kids, your boss, your friends. How to improve your tennis stroke, your golf game, your math skills, your memory. All by using the principles of training with reinforcement.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-30 20:28:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-30 20:30:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2018-5-30 04:41
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-5-29 05:44
This is evil, but not the evilest.
The evilest is to ask people to die for their faith, to kill, to  ...

It reminds me of a song by Janis Joplin -- Mercedes Benz

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a fancy jet plane?
I must make my rounds lord, just to spread your name
I wait for delivery each day till champagne
So Lord, won't you buy me a fancy jet plane?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-30 21:43:46 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-5-30 20:30
It reminds me of a song by Janis Joplin -- Mercedes Benz

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ...

God says, "Of course, son, I will give you a Mercedes Benz, but I need money to set up a car plant, so you need to donate your money first, and then wait."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.