Got myself a new scooter - Everyday life - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 1933|Replies: 3

Got myself a new scooter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-23 17:30:02 |Display all floors

Last week, I received a great gift from my dad. He gave me a new scooter, the gift I’ve been asking him since my college days. He said it’s because of my diligence towards work that persuade him to finally give me what I’ve been wanting for so long. I work in the city far from home, specializing in a foreign job, my new scooter will help me in my travel going to my workplace and home. This is actually giving me a lot of convenience. But I got a concern, my youngest brother has been very persuasive with his attraction to my scooter, even said that I should give it to him. What should I do? He’s still very minor for the vehicle and they have an agreement with my dad which states that he can only obtain a motorcycle if he has graduated from college already. I think they need to talk again.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-5-23 19:15:22 |Display all floors
I had some motorcycles but I sold them when I was unemployed a while ago. Recently I have been thinking about buying another motorcycle to save on petrol. I was telling my dad about it and he said that I can have his old KLR650 because he doesn't want it anymore. I told him that he should sell it if he doesn't want it. If I want a motorcycle I can buy one myself. Why didn't you just buy yourself a scooter if you have finished uni and have a job? It is nice of your dad to get you a gift for your diligence but couldn't you have bought a scooter yourself if you really wanted one?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-24 02:01:59 |Display all floors
when i lived in Jiangsu i had 6600 kuai E-Skooter..cars had no chance..
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-24 07:42:08 |Display all floors
"What should I do?"

Very simple, don't give it to him, as you say he is still very minor. I assume you are Chinese, if so your brother's chances are very good to get killed on Chinese roads, simple fact is scooter users do not follow traffic rules in China.
Every morning on CCTV news they show how scooter users get killed, especially at traffic signals and road crossings.
Human lives mean little when those in the WEST see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.