The Catholic church - Page 12 - World Affairs - Chinadaily Forum
Author: robert237

The Catholic church [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-20 23:26:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-20 05:34
In 1948, Israel did NOT drive out 750'000 Palestinians.

No, they killed them. It was more fun for the Zionist.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-20 23:27:23 |Display all floors
------------
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis announced on Sunday he has chosen 14 men to be the newest cardinals in the church, among them his chief aide for helping Rome's homeless and poor, as well as prelates based in Iraq and Pakistan, where Christians are a vulnerable minority.

"I am happy to announce that on June 29, I will hold a consistory (ceremony) to make 14 new cardinals," Francis said, in remarks to pilgrims and tourists in St. Peter's Square.
----------
But of course they all started out as lowly fudge packers.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-21 07:51:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-22 23:15:24 |Display all floors
In today's headlines, just another chapter in the volumes of sexual abuse by the Catholic clergy.
The lowlifes in this forum must be getting tired of defending this wicked religion.
Even the Aussies get tired of this I imagine.

---------
Australian Archbishop Philip Wilson was found guilty Tuesday of covering up a priest’s sexual abuse of boys dating back to the 1970s.

Wilson, who faces a maximum of two years imprisonment, is the most senior Roman Catholic Church official to be convicted in abuse scandals that have swept through the church hierarchy in recent decades. He failed to act after learning that priest James Fletcher reportedly abused four boys.

“I am obviously disappointed at the decision published today,” Wilson said in a statement. “I will now have to consider the reasons and consult closely with my lawyers to determine the next steps.”

Peter Creigh, a former altar boy, testified during Wilson’s trial about the abuse he endured at the hands of Fletcher when he was 10 years old. Fletcher was charged with nine counts of sexual abuse in 2004. He died in prison in 2006.

Wilson’s legal team tried to use the bishop’s Alzheimer’s disease as a defense, arguing he has no recollection of being told about the abuse.
----------

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-23 02:21:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-5-22 23:15
In today's headlines, just another chapter in the volumes of sexual abuse by the Catholic clergy.
Th ...

Trust in God, get your bum banged it's what GOD thinks is acceptable

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-23 07:54:38 |Display all floors

Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.