Survey finds reading increasingly popular for young Chinese - Free Talk - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 3338|Replies: 3

Survey finds reading increasingly popular for young Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-5 14:30:38 |Display all floors
(China Plus) People in China under 18 years of age read an average of nine books last year, according to a recent survey on national reading habits released by the China Academy of Press and Publication.

The survey found that 85 percent of young people read at least one book last year. The number of young people who are reading has been rising in recent years, especially for people 14 to 17 years old, who read an average of 11.5 books. Audio books also have a higher than average appeal for the teenage market, with 30 percent of 14 to 17 year-olds listening to at least one audio book compared to 20 percent of under 18s overall.

The survey also found that most Chinese parents are helping their children to cultivate a reading habit. More than 70 percent of Chinese parents with children aged 0 to 8 years spend at least 20 minutes a day reading to their children, and visit bookstores with them an average of three times a year.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-5 17:53:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-6 08:49:56 |Display all floors
I guess they only count those who bough books which doesn't mean they actually read them ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-9 04:58:37 |Display all floors
I had to rub my eyes-wonderful development, Grace. Parents reading to their children. What an idea!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.