I hate my job. Need advice. - Everyday life - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 2064|Replies: 4

I hate my job. Need advice. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-26 13:38:02 |Display all floors
I really hate my current job now. I’ve been a loyal employee at the current company for over 2 years now and since then everything’s gone to hell. Tenured employees are now resigning, management is power tripping, and office politics is insane. I’ve been asking my family and friends about this but so far, one advice seemed to do the trick. My brother’s wife told me about the time she was still living in her home country back in the Philippines and shared how her company was full of hypocrites and corrupted employees. Ever since she met my brother in an international dating social event and got engaged a few years later, she had no choice but to continue working there until her papers for moving here with us were approved.

Her advice was that if the job isn't worth saving or fighting for, then leave. Money will always come and go but happiness is hard to find in the real world. I should find a job where work becomes play so I wouldn’t get sick from stress and end up spending my hard-earned cash on medical bills. She advised me to send in a letter of complaint about everything I was feeling in the company and if things don’t improve, I’ll quit. Does that sound like a good idea? I really need some help with this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-26 19:09:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-4-26 19:14

She advised me to send in a letter of complaint about everything I was feeling in the company and if things don’t improve, I’ll quit. Does that sound like a good idea?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-26 19:12:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-4-27 12:19

Hello,

Please never ever lodge complaints when you submit the problems to your superviser or the management of your company, but constructive suggestions at best, which I would seldom make either in reality, before you build the rapport, gain the trust from your superviser/company. Each time, just put forward one constructive suggestion only before it is solved. The company is not a place for venting out your anger, disappointment, or any other negative emotions, which your friends can have be good listeners for.

It would be considered as a threat if you mentioned you would quit in case they didn't follow your mind. Remember, most of the people are easily replaceable.

Even if you decide to quit, and don't make complaints to your employer, you might need them to write your reference for your futher company. Please make up any reasonable excuse and peacefully say goodbye to them, if you can't bear it any more.

I would say almost every company has its own problems. It is not how you solve the problems, but how you skillfully efficiently communicate with the management. This is called EQ for everyone to improve.

Cheers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-27 11:15:42 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-26 19:12
Hello,

Please never ever lodge complaints when you submit the problems to your superviser or the ma ...

Thanks for that suggestion. Will keep it in mind.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-4-27 15:57:03 |Display all floors
fake thread
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.