Should I go back to school? - Page 3 - Travel - Chinadaily Forum
Author: ilovetravel13

Should I go back to school? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-25 20:42:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-25 04:31
Yes, I am lying in bed as I write.

How is your lying mouth today? Feeling sore???

Who cares if he or she goes back to school. That's a decision millions make everyday. What is your stake in this?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-25 22:24:52 |Display all floors
You did not mention the most important consideration - what do you personally think that getting the degee means for your life, or whatever it is that you value in life.

For example, you mention that you love travelling, events concerts etc. Does your degree somehow help with that?

Usually when people have to wonder this thing, it is that they are studying something other than what they really enjoy doing.

That said, if your degree would mean better employment opportunities and better income, then you could use that additional income to enjoy more things that you like. Travelling more, or going to more concerts.

However:

Since you write that you are now financially secure, we can assume that you are employed. Would getting the degree, and then a better position, mean that you wouldn't have the TIME to spend your additional income in travelling or concerts?

So again we are at the core question - what do you think the degree will add to your life, in both good and bad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-25 23:54:41 |Display all floors
How you two tried Goat Yoga ??
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-27 14:27:23 |Display all floors
don't know your working condition .. if you wanna reach a higher place which need college degree .. Then it's good for you to finish your studying ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-27 19:49:36 |Display all floors
Do what you love, that's it. Do you WANT to go back to school?

No one could pay me to go back to "school".

I love the school of life.

But I can't wait to leave Earth to more civilized places.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-27 20:16:11 |Display all floors
On the contrary to some here, I think that you ask this question because you don't want to go back to school. And you just want someone to tell you that you're right. Because if you really did want to do it, you would just do it. There would be no hesitation.

I don't think formal schooling can give me anything I can't do for myself. Personally I consider school a waste of time academically. School is good for making friends, socializing and hanging out, and having fun. But if you want to learn something, you have to teach yourself, not depend on someone to feed you books and knowledge. To grow in knowledge is actually a lonely job. You do it alone. Good teachers only point the way, at most, and most teachers are not even good teachers.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-28 12:10:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.