Fish Oil is Very Good for Israeli Eyes - China & World - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 35567|Replies: 9

Fish Oil is Very Good for Israeli Eyes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-22 12:33:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Israeli_Fish at 2018-4-22 12:34

After much research, the studies are conclusive: a daily dose of 1.4 gram of non-oxidized molecularly intact eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 1 gram of non-oxidized molecularly intact docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are good for Israeli eyes.  Here is the study: Lifeextension.c*m/Magazine/2017/6/Reverse-Dry-Eye-Syndrome/Page-01

The problem is that most fish oil companies cheat you.  First, the softgels are mostly empty fish grease with very little of the pharmacologically active molecules EPA and DHA.  Ideally, you want a softgel to have EPA and DHA in a retio of 7 to 5.  EPA is cheaper than DHA, so dishonest companies will have higher retios of these two chemicals, respectively.  Ideally, you should ingest 1.4 grams of EPA and 1 gram of DHA per day.  More honest companies will spread out this ideal amount of EPA/DHA over four softgels, and you would take two softgels twice a day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 12:35:38 |Display all floors
Another thing to consider is whether the EPA/DHA has been chemically altered in the bottle.  If a company has poor manufacturing conditions, the EPA/DHA will break down into other chemicals, or chemically bond with oxygen or other molecules to form new pharmacologically inactive substances.  So if this occurs, the softgels would be useless to you.  So, the key is to find a 100% honest company.  I use the Life Extension company.  I can only hope that they are completely honest.  But then, who knows for sure.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-22 12:36:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Israeli_Fish at 2018-4-22 13:15

And, you should swallow the softgels with the meals of the day that has the most fat in it, since EPA/DHA are fats and absorb much better with meals with fats in them.  If you don’t ingest the softgels this way, then a lot of it is not absorbed in the small intestines and is just excreted in the bowel movement.  This would be a waste of money and non-efficacious for health benefits.  

Also, fiber reduces absorption in the small intestines, so ideally, you should not eat much fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts and other high fiber content when ingesting the softgels; you should eat your high fiber foods at different times from when ingesting the softgels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-30 21:07:20 |Display all floors
I myself use fish oils so that I can keep my body healthy so that I can productively serve God's People.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-20 21:50:11 |Display all floors
SuperLevant Post time: 2018-4-30 21:07
I myself use fish oils so that I can keep my body healthy so that I can productively serve God's Peo ...

There is no greater honor in life than to serve Mother Nature's People.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-20 22:09:43 |Display all floors
_Bug_ Post time: 2018-5-20 05:50
There is no greater honor in life than to serve Mother Nature's People.

Toad.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-13 05:12:48 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-5-20 22:09
Toad.

Toad oil?  I don't know if toad oil has any health benefits.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.