Starbucks CEO apologizes for racist arrest, amid criticism, protest - Page 2 - World Affairs - Chinadaily Forum
Author: ceciliazhang

Starbucks CEO apologizes for racist arrest, amid criticism, protest [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-20 08:02:01 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-20 09:57:23 |Display all floors
petera Post time: 2018-4-20 06:51
Poison

Coffee is toxic as is racism. Starbucks should be shut down.

I agree with you and emanreus!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-20 10:45:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-20 07:58
What makes you so damn sure these two men were "victims of racism"?

Yes, they were Blacks and th ...

Typical senecanian response, which is euphemism for racism. And that is why I felt amused when you talked about horse Rights, but ignore human rights on the other thread. I'm not sure if you read through the report when you argued, or you read but still don't understand. Please read again the words I highlighted in red as below:

A social media user Melissa Depino tweeted "the police were called because these men hadn't ordered anything. They were waiting for a friend to show up ... All the other white ppl (people) are wondering why it's never happened to up when we do the same thing."

The user also posted a video of part of the incident, which sparked outrage at the controversial and racist arrest.

Starbucks Chief Executive Official Kevin Johnson on Sunday expressed
his "apologies to the two men who were arrested" and said "Starbucks stands firmly against discrimination or racial profiling," describing the incident as "a disheartening situation" and the arrest as "a reprehensible outcome."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-20 12:25:27 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-20 10:45
Typical senecanian response, which is euphemism for racism. And that is why I felt amused when you ...

Racism in the US  is rooted in its provenance, and it is an incurable malady.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-20 12:28:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-20 12:29:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-20 12:29:08 |Display all floors
Archer_1 Post time: 2018-4-20 12:25
Racism in the US  is rooted in its provenance, and it is an incurable malady.

Rev Wright, Obama's godfather, said the similar words.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.