Author: UpWithYourHand

give your critique pls [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-5 02:00:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-4 22:52
I only want to comment on one glaring mistake in the English version (I don't feel competent enoug ...

I agree with you Sir Sen it is just not needed.

It is a common mistake for a person trying to learn English, probably any language (I don't know) it's the same for me with my written Spanish, however when speaking Spanish I find that I tend to miss out a word rather than add one if I'm not sure.

You can also say the same with my sentence above in English (highlighted)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-5 02:14:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-4 22:52
I only want to comment on one glaring mistake in the English version (I don't feel competent enoug ...

I'm not an English Teacher and left school days after my 15th birthday with zero qualifications, I remember walking down the road on the last day thinking WTF do I do now, twas only when I got home and my father said " well have you got a job yet" that I realised I had to be a grown up. I enrolled at College on a two year course in catering ( a waste of time as I wasn't interested in it at all but felt I had to do sumething) at 22 I went to evening classes and scraped in with a low grade 'O' level as I needed one to join the Old Bill.

I guess Mr Average English person is only 70% fluent in English. There isn't a book that I have read whereby I understood the meaning/ definition of all the words.

However, when ones Daddy is rich and able to send his children to College then Uni that's when a persons wealth of their homeland language is enhanced 10 fold

THE END

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-6-5 06:56:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-6-5 23:16:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-6-5 06:56
That's a moving life story, dear uncle!

Im glad to please you Sir Sen

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.