How do you think about vocational education? - Page 3 - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum
Author: SEARU

How do you think about vocational education? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 03:34:12 |Display all floors
Plus Americans are dumb. Use American-English and say college rather than university and what not and you Chinese sound like dumb Americans.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 03:41:54 |Display all floors
I had to go to tafe/technical college/vocational training after highschool because my parents couldn't even afford to send me to a private school in highschool and were not going to help me go to university so their expectations and reality caused me to not aim for university in highschool - I didn't do any work and got very bad results. First I enrolled in a pre apprenticeship spray painting course because I already knew how to spray paint a little because I had done it with my dad who is a very good spray painter - it used to be his job for a while when he was young and he would spray cars sometimes at home on side to make extra money on weekends and I would help him sometimes. I was second best spray painter in that class. But then I decided to switch to childcare section became they had an entire building full of hot chicks there and no dudes. I figures I would do childcare diploma and then do bridging course to become primary school teacher. But I decided I didn't want to be a primary school teacher after the course and have ended up unskilled. So now I clean toilets.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 03:43:32 |Display all floors
All chicks in my childcare diploma course were dumb as hell. I was great at it - got As. Great on prac side too.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 03:54:56 |Display all floors
So yeah - what Americans do is call vocational training centres a "Community College" and then they have State College - some State Colleges in US are good but most are crap and for poor or dumb people - and then you have private colleges and a lot of them are actually crap too but best ones are private right. Anyway - they call vocational training a "college education" and let people doing vocational training claim that they are going to "college". It is ridiculously confusing. Why on earth don't they call a university a university?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 04:01:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 04:26:27 |Display all floors
So anyway - a tradesperson  can earn a higher income than low university educated people like teachers and social workers - but nobody wants to do a trade anymore in Australia because capitalists make fun of them. In Australian society we do not make fun of teachers like they do in USA - here if you have a university education - even a low one then society gives you respect - so it is not about money - it is about respect. Even an unskilled worker that digs a ditch can be given respect - you can create a society that gives respect to the lowest of workers - Hitler did it. Nazi still had rich people - Nazi still had high paid workers doing highly skilled work - but they gave respect to the low worker right down to the guy digging the ditch and working overtime to create the autobahn. This is what Nazi society was all about and why it was so strong and united and stable. It is why Hitler had working class peasants sitting at tables eating with high hats for the cameras. It is all about respect. You can pay a worker almost nothing if your society gives them respect. Make hell seem like a heaven for them. But capitalists with their upward mobility and 'democracy' ensure a state of Permanent Rebellion just like a Communist like Antonio Gramsci wanted for the working class - sure capitalist society makes it difficult for the low citizens to be proud but they are in a constant state of permanent rebellion due to upward mobility culture and democracy. Splitting working class solidarity through racist liberal left-right minority politics really does not work and it will only become more and more difficult as time passes due to Gen X down not being racist and agreeing on pretty much everything. You 'elite' should listen to me - I am correct. I am smarter than any and all of you.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-10 04:26:55 |Display all floors
You Chinese are going the wrong way. Turn back!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.