Why do some Western people want to live in China? - Free Talk - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 6899|Replies: 26

Why do some Western people want to live in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-1-30 13:57:26 |Display all floors
(Quora)Why would many American/Canadian/British etc citizens willingly give up their life in a developed privileged country and move to China? By all accounts from this sub most of these people do not enjoy their stay in China due to cultural differences and understandably so. I have read many posts complaining about the behaviour of the Chinese and of the challenges of living there. Therefore why?
timg.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-1-31 00:52:28 |Display all floors
lived 14 years in Jiangsu as CTO, so U could ask ME
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-2-1 23:53:49 |Display all floors
Ha.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 7Rank: 7Rank: 7

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-2 05:23:19 |Display all floors
cecilazang

I live in England and Spain 95% of my time China the other 5%

There are thousands of Chinese restaurants in both. There are also hundreds of Chinese cheap shops in Spain.

All workers are Chinese

Why do they want to live in another country?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-2-2 09:24:01 |Display all floors
Some may be fed up with their own countries.Look at how many americans have given up their passports..
For the others, working abroad is exciting, and many can earn much higher salaries even in under developed countries. For me its all about the smell of the money....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-2 14:13:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-2-2 14:44:11 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2018-1-31 00:52
lived 14 years in Jiangsu as CTO, so U could ask ME

Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.