25 Wonderfully Optimistic Quotes To Make Your Day Brighter - Page 4 - Fun - Chinadaily Forum
Author: Perfumecity

25 Wonderfully Optimistic Quotes To Make Your Day Brighter [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-26 21:56:17 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2018-1-26 14:14
Yeah, it works like a quiet contemplation that leads us 2 serenity.      

1 of ...

I do not know what walk in peace is. Why would I? Is this some kind of riddle or something? A task for me? I do not understand your attempt to make fun of me. I am not really a Roman Catholic, I was just christened one. I hate Christians - especially Catholics. Anyway - I am not wasting time looking for Walk in Peace so if you want me to understand your stupid unfunny humour then you will have to post it. I am supposed to know what Walk in Peace is am I?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-26 22:40:54 |Display all floors
Jessiewow Post time: 2018-1-26 09:28

And I don't think I gave a point of view on NCAA.

"I was actually reading an article last night about Andrew Gaze's year at Seton Hall in the NCAA when he was the X factor that enabled that team to make the NCCA final. Seton Hall is not a big school and it was a big 'Cinderella Story' as Americans love to say. "

I have only explained what the article that I was reading was about. Comprehension is not your strong point? What point of view? Did you just want an excuse to say the word "whatever" to me to communicate to me that my reply has bored you? Oh well I am happy about that since you are trying to make fun of me here.

And if you want my point of view on that article then here it is - Andrew Gaze ( Australian basketballs GOAT ) was the first 'one and done' basketball player in NCAA history which means that he went to play basketball at the school with the intention of only staying for one season and he didn't care less about study - he was basically a hired gun or merc and this is frowned upon in NCAA because they promote this idea that the student athlete is at college to study when in fact this is pure nonsense. NCAA needs to push the idea that their basketball programs are for amateurs to make sure the players don't cut into the billions of profit they generate for US colleges. So anyway - Andrew Gaze was first guy to be pretty honest and upfront about the fact that he went to the NCAA basketball competition to play basketball - he was not there for study. But even so he still had to pretend that he valued the credits he would earn at Seton Hall that he could take back to Australia after the year was over to help towards a degree. To keep the purists happy and make sure nobody tried to claim that he and Seton Hall were breaking any rules. It seems obvious that Andre Gaze was paid money to go to Seton Hall too but I don't think there us any proof. And Andrew Gaze had already played as a pro basketball player in the Australian NBL before his year at Seton Hall even though NCAA is supposed to only be for amateurs. So my point of view on all of this is that I think what Andrew Gaze did was very cool. Andrew Gaze didn't give two flying $%$%s about getting a college education - he was in the US to play for Seton Hall for a year and when it was done he was coming straight back to Australia to play professional basketball for the Melbourne Tigers in the NBL. That is awesome. %$%$ the NCAA. And if Seton Hall really did pay him $25k for the season then great. I think all NCAA players should be paid considering the profits they make for their schools. And is is really really cool that while Gaze was in the NCAA he destroyed them. There is no way Seton Hall was making the NCAA finals without hired gun Andrew Gaze. And cooler still is that Seton Hall should have won that game only for a bad call from a ref in the final seconds that cost them the game. The ref himself freely admits that in hindsight he did make the wrong call and he even apologized to Gaze while he was refereeing a game that Gaze was playing in for the Australian national team a few years later while the Australians were doing an exhibition tour in the US. When the guy apologized to Gaze Gaze told him - " No worries mate."

You do not need to knowna thing about NCAA to understand what I have just written. And in my opinion its just plain interesting whether you are a basketball fan or not.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-26 23:29:09 |Display all floors
Perfumecity Post time: 2018-1-26 14:27
Nope, I've never intended 2 make fun of u.     

Apologies 4 my lack of basketball knowledge 2 ...

And hey - if my explanation and point of view on how the NCAA exploits student athletes has gotten you interested then I can recommend a great film for you to watch on this very topic called Blue Chips. Blue Chips stars Shaq O'Neal, Penny Hardaway and Nick Nolte. Blue Chips is my favourite Nick Nolte movie probably. Nick Noltes character in the film is a bit like NCAA basketball coach Bobby Knight. While Gaze was in NCAA he destroyed Knights Hoosiers you know. Hoosiers is a good basketball movie too. It is about a highschool basketball team from Indiana. What the heck is a Hoosier anyway?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-1-26 23:46:13 |Display all floors
Jessiewow Post time: 2018-1-26 09:28

And I have to give you this movie trivia - former South East Melbourne Magic import Adonis Jordan is an extra in the film Blue Chips. Brian Goorjian was Adonis Jordan's coach at SE Melbourne and his great run as coach of the Sydney Kings was a main feature of the positive article on the NBL that I posted the other day and the mods only posted half of. How's that for a call back? I'm not even sure if Jordan is credited for his extra part in Blue Chips - he has no lines - he is just a player on a team that Noltes team plays against in the movie and I recognized him because I am such an NBL fan. ( Adonis Jordan has a very cranky looking face and it is memorable too so that probably helped me recognize him )

The end of the first part of my Sydney Kings/NBL article was "Enter Brian Goorjian!".

Blue Chips is on YouTube for free in bad quality if you are interested. Hoosiers too.

And a Hoosier is someone from Indiana apparently. Of course.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-27 11:50:16 |Display all floors
Optimistic =opti-mis-tic
Chance is optical that if you miss then just re-take it!;   P  

All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-1-29 14:00:32 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-1-27 13:50
Optimistic =opti-mis-tic
Chance is optical that if you miss then just re-take it!;   P

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-1-29 14:01:12 |Display all floors
Good quotes and OP!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.