Views: 12014|Replies: 7

Holding a nation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-19 06:55:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cwdy at 2017-12-19 07:45

A security guy died trying to hold a falling suicider.

my poem for him:

Several seconds'video, 几秒的视频

excites many eyes,刺激了许多眼睛

arouses many minds.唤醒了许多头脑

In you, 在你身上

I found humanity 我找到了人性

and long lost hopes.和失去许久的希望

You couldn't hold a falling suicider,你没能接住一个坠落的自杀者

but in the end,但最终,

with many others,和很多你这样的人一起

you held a falling nation!你们接住了一个坠落的国度。

Refreshed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-19 21:14:39 |Display all floors
The hero-guard has shown his great love to other people whose spirit is worth learning for those who always run after money by all means without mercy!
There is nothing wrong with the main current of our nation, so I don't think your last sentence is fit for the real situation!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-20 15:13:30 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2017-12-19 21:14
The hero-guard has shown his great love to other people whose spirit is worth learning for those who ...
There is nothing wrong with the main current of our nation, so I don't think your last sentence is fit for the real situation!

I agree with you SEARU. However, there are people in China who will always blame the government for everything bad. They think only foreign elements are good for China and China must totally change to become foreign.

It is good to see that you are now able to understand better and also argue back.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-20 15:21:43 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2017-12-20 15:13
I agree with you SEARU. However, there are people in China who will always blame the government  ...

Thanks for your support!  As a professional blogger we should be strict with ourselves on writing through which we try to reflect the real world in accurate words! Or our work would be meaningless!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-20 15:39:40 |Display all floors
The hero-guard has shown his great love to other people whose spirit is worth learning for those who ...
don't think your last sentence is fit for the real situation!

I disagree, and argue that there is (perhaps unintended) wisdom in those last lines.

The last line "you held a falling nation" must be interpreted together with the previous line "with many others".

Then it comes to the reality, that there are no nations without people working together, and when they stop working together, every nation becomes a falling nation.

But in a larger picture, nations should work together too, because without that, the human race will fall.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-20 15:40:31 |Display all floors

re:  so I don't think your last sentence is fit for the real situation!

Well said my friend.
Anyone calling China a Falling Nation isn't worthwhile to waste your time with...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-20 15:59:42 |Display all floors

You are right! See I used held, not hold?

in the past, China was once falling, due to these Chinese good guys, the trend was reversed.
Refreshed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.