Views: 8218|Replies: 3

Do you like word-game-playing? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-8 15:44:37 |Display all floors
At the banquet-party, each of us offered at least one program for entertainment. Tom sang a popular song then Smith told a joke!
I prepared a nice game: Let's guess a riddle which the key was just one of our own names!

"What is the solution-answer to “Having won the greatest victory in the national-college-entrance-exam!”?  I asked.

All became silent. Few minutes passed.  Nobody could solve the problem.

I laughed:"This man is just sitting beside me who has not noticed that! "
His name was called “付清华” -------付 sounds like 赴 which means ‘go to’ and 清华 is(the Qinghua University)which is top ideal college for all Chinese middle school students! )

All agreed with me and praised that it was a nice question!

In the forum,we write articles every day. Dealing with words needs your smart thinking that is similar to war-art!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-8 15:56:43 |Display all floors
please have a close look at my recent blog《Let each of our words become bullet》and related comments through which you would see the joke on word-cheating!

Mr.Liononthehunt had fooled me!   The meaning of his name should be "lion on the hunt”!

He had dug a deep hole into the underground and let me jump in as I approached! I was trapped!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-8 16:02:59 |Display all floors
I was astonished when I saw his first comment! Now I believe most of my fellow Chinese would not take his words as kind ones without looking up the special phrase 'shoot from the hip"!

He is wise!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-14 10:56:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2017-12-14 11:08

In word–playing Olympic Game,Chinese have won few championships. Foreign friends are good at expressing their own ideas by all means in free plain words. Different English dictionaries could offer you colorful definitions to the same basic concepts: such as "economy", "culture", "salt" and so on.
It is a pity for China, our books are not as bright as the Foreign Moon!
Sometime SEARU feels anxious about the poor situation on the education field who wants to do something for improvement!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.