Real NEWS around the World - Page 34 - World Affairs - Chinadaily Forum
Author: emanreus

Real NEWS around the World   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-5-11 13:49:28 |Display all floors
US to push to isolate Venezuela until Maduro leaves power

Another Rgime Change ala Uncle Sam...
The United States on Tuesday vowed to push to isolate Venezuela until its President Nicolas Maduro leaves power, urging allies to follow suit.

“I think we have to continue to isolate Maduro until he gives in. Trying to get Maduro to go depends on the region,” Nikki Haley, the top US diplomat at the United Nations, told a State Department meeting on Latin America.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-11 15:18:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-12 18:43:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by emanreus at 2018-5-12 18:43

Homelessness compared in China and USA.

Population of Los Angeles, the second largest city reached more than 4 million residents for the first time.
The homeless population has soared 23% over last year to nearly 58,000 street sleepers.

Hongkong, China with withabout 7.4 million where the figure almost tripled over the past decade from 600 in 2004 to 1,614

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-13 14:05:26 |Display all floors
‘I feel so stupid’: Trump supporters ‘tricked by the devil’ now facing financial ruin

Bob Brigham, 12 May 2018

Small business owners who supported Donald Trump are complaining about troubles hiring foreign seasonal labor the Lexington Herald-Leader reports.

The newspaper interviewed multiple landscaping business owners who claim they are unable to hire Americans for the same wages.

Powered By

Eddie Devine voted for Trump, but worries he may go out of business if he is unable to continue hiring 20 foreign workers a season though the H-2B visa program.

“I feel like I’ve been tricked by the devil,” Devine admitted. “I feel so stupid.”

Devin says Trump’s policies are more about race than economics, noting that Trump properties in New York and Florida rely upon the H-2B visa program for 144 jobs a year.

“I think there’s a war on brown people,” he argued. “I want to know why it’s OK for him to get his workers, but supporters like me don’t get theirs.”
Report Advertisement

“We live and die by these visas,” said Ken Monin, owner of Monin Construction. “Last year we about went bankrupt. The workers we were supposed to get in March didn’t show up until August because they couldn’t get visas.”

“Americans don’t want most of these jobs,” Monin claimed.
Don't let Silicon Val

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-13 14:21:11 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-10 23:18
News from Beijing:

The CHINA DAILY Forum as down due to "technical problems" for five days starting ...

I had trouble posting too little monkey.
You see a conspiracy in your breakfast cereal.
Here's a marshmallow. Now go climb to the top of your bedroom wall and chatter all you want.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-13 15:35:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-20 09:11:44 |Display all floors
US armed forces and US schools

So far this year, more than 5,000 people have died in shooting incidents in the United States, according to monitoring group the Gun Violence Archive...

There have been more deaths in US school shootings so far in 2018 than there have been deaths in the US military, according to an analysis by the Washington Post...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.