Views: 9977|Replies: 11

Man wears ‘Han clothing’ more than 300 days a year [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-19 15:25:07 |Display all floors

“There are plenty of ways to revive Han culture that are more meaningful and effective than wearing Han clothing in public places. This person only causes inconvenience to himself and to others.”

“Why are some people so harsh on this guy? He is entitled to wear whatever he wants in public as long as it’s not against the law.”

These two comments indicate how public opinion varies (in Chinese) about Kang Wei 康伟, a college student profiled (in Chinese) by the Chengdu Business Daily because of his obsession with “Han clothing.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-19 15:26:12 |Display all floors
According to the article, Kang wears the traditional-looking attire more than 300 days a year except for some “inconvenient occasions.” Characterized by large, wide sleeves, flowing robes, and belted waists, the clothing is a style of dress that purports to be the original outfit of the Han Chinese from thousands of years ago. Kang said that his love for Han clothing began in 2012 when he was in middle school and watched a music video filmed by a group of Han clothing enthusiasts. Kang started to read books about Han clothing, spend time on online platforms for Han clothing enthusiasts, and eventually wear such clothing in public.

For Kang, Han clothing is not just “a visual decoration,” but “a medium through which we can learn more about Chinese traditions that most people have forgotten about.” Even though most people around him, including some of Kang’s family members, don’t understand his affection for the outfit, Kang said, “They will get accustomed to it if I insist on wearing it every day.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-19 19:24:39 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-19 19:27:36 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-19 19:59:01 |Display all floors
Anybody objecting to his attire, needs a lot of help.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-19 20:42:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-20 02:25:39 |Display all floors
the problem people have is with some Muslims is due to the extremist I worked with a Muslim he was always upset by the likes of isis. he told me the burka is not a requirement of the Koran but an imposition by a secular group if I went to a country that demands I wear a blue top hat I will. there are some people who demand you follow their cultural rules in their own country but want to follow their own in your country. when in Rome

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.