What is 磕? - Chinese Learning 中文学习 - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 8260|Replies: 2

What is 磕? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-9-3 14:13:53 |Display all floors
Just now through the WE-CHAT  one friend messaged me a short TV-program called ‘死磕到底’------- which means ‘ Debate bitterly to the end! ’.  The host‘s hot words left me deep impression that led me think more about the character 磕(ke)----------which first part is 石(shi)that means ‘stone’;  去 can be understood as ‘to’;  皿(min)is some container like ‘plate’ or 'cup' and so on.  The whole of 磕 shows that ‘To throw one stone to some plate!’ ----- Yes, you want to 'hit’ it and it might be broken! --------So the original meaning of 磕 is ‘to hit something with another hard thing’ in Chinese.

All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-9-3 16:44:23 |Display all floors
In the north-east of China there is such a local dialect 唠嗑 which means ‘have a chat’. I think this phrase comes from English!  唠嗑(Lao-ke)sounds like the later part of ‘dia-logue’. --------'Dia' is two-side-thing and ‘logue’ should mean ‘talk’!

In Chinese, 死磕 means ‘To fight against the opposite side till I win! Or I will never quit!’ Of course such fighting may include weapon-battle and oral-quarreling!

But in the CD forum, 死磕 should be changed into 死嗑. I use 口 (mouth)to replace the stone(石 )of 磕. It is enough for blogger friends to make full use of tongue to make a living in  hot debating field!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2017-9-5 00:33:27 |Display all floors
Understand and find out what are the connections among the  original languages is so fantastic.

In a closer comparison, did you find, that all the spoken languages have some common similarities, say pronunciation, meaning and of cause with different script.

The word (phrase)"Laoke'er"" is to say : Chatting randomly, friendly within the same–aged and like–minded acquintance or thte special trustworthy guests?

What's on your mind... Backing to the starting point all over again, lots of challenges and full of temptations. Can you grasp the opportunity?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.