Is China safer than the US?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-29 21:49:31 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-6-29 21:38
China is safer because of gun control.

And CCTV helps a lot in preventing crime

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-29 21:52:51 |Display all floors
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-6-29 17:22
I always feel miserable that some westerners , like those in this forum, could not get satisfaction  ...

I would argue that their/our own countries do not benefit from further meriting, while China is still a developing country and foreigners (just like Chinese themselves) see room for improvements and they have opinions about which way it should go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-29 22:06:14 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-6-29 21:52
I would argue that their/our own countries do not benefit from further meriting, while China is st ...

Secondly, in most western countries, there is a balance of kind in meriting and bashing their own governments.

Meanwhile in China, usually there is ONLY meriting the government, and I suppose foreigners' "china bashing" is filling a void.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-29 22:10:05 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-6-29 21:52
I would argue that their/our own countries do not benefit from further meriting, while China is st ...

Can a crocodile convince a tiger how to behave and vise versa? Or they simply have different value systems? Something you think good could be very bad to someone. Why don't we simply get adaptive to any local systems and keep yours for home use.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-29 22:19:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-6-29 22:20
Chinaman2017 Post time: 2017-6-29 22:10
Can a crocodile convince a tiger how to behave and vise versa? Or they simply have different value ...

I guess the reason (for not just adapting to local system) is that during current dynasty, China does not have very good track record in self-driven development

It was only when China opened doors to the west under Deng, that things started to get better. From that it is easy for foreigners to extrapolate that more "opening up" would further improve things.

Basically the crocodiles already did convince the tiger to behave, and would like to continue from that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-29 22:24:29 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-6-29 22:19
I guess the reason (for not just adapting to local system) is that during current dynasty, China do ...

And contrary to 70's or even 80s, many foreigners  much at stake with China's development. Nobody cared much what would happen in China in 70s.

But now, if China does down it will be bad for the whole world. Contrary to what some Chinese may think, neither US nor other western states (or their respective citizens - at least those that matter) would like to see China being destroyed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-29 22:38:20 |Display all floors
Truly safety is not guaranteed in this world ..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.