Author: linda_sun

Toronto woman: If you cannot speak English, go back to China!   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-9 10:11:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 10:29:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-6-9 10:11
My mother-in-law says I speak Chinese but not her particular variety.

If you spoke Chinese, I would speak Italian.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 17:34:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-6-9 09:50
Have you "been around" lately or ever? To the U.S.A., for example? Is it not racist although it  ...

Well, certain parts of the US are racist, I heard from friends. But in general, the USA is really the least racist country. Today it may be becoming more racist, but I would still bet it is the least racist in the world. It is not so in your face, you know. The Europeans seem to be so blatantly racist. Those laughing are stupid. I don't want to talk to them. Let them stay stupid......Russia was pretty different from Europe, too. I would say they were even less racist than the Americans. But the Russians can be mean (communist leftover influence), while the Americans are much more friendly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 17:39:53 |Display all floors
Canada was way more racist than the USA, in my experience. I went there when young, so it was quite eye-opening to meet with so much hatred against Asians there. They were so unfamiliar with Asians who could speak fluent English too, so they would always tell me how good my English was. It was pretty offensive.

When older I realized Europe and other white countries are all pretty racist. So I say this guy must be kidding if he thinks the Canadians are not racist. They really are. They hate Asians, and they show it, too. It's not like they keep it hidden.

But the Asian countries are racist, too. So I'm not pointing any fingers. People should just live in their own countries. People don't like the feeling of being "invaded" by outsiders, even if only by immigration and not war. That's why Canada where I was was racist, is my belief. Because so many HK Chinese went there to that part where I was.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 17:42:38 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-9 17:36
Surprisingly I happen to find out that Americans outside the States are very very arrogant & ignoran ...

Yeah, some of them are very arrogant. Especially, the white, young, good-looking American males. But you know why they get that way? Because of all the special treatment they get in Asia, so it gets to them. In the USA, you hardly meet with such arrogance. I mean, they are confident and proud in a way that you Chinese might call arrogance, but not arrogant in a way like what you get with the Americans in Asia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 17:55:46 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-9 17:36
Surprisingly I happen to find out that Americans outside the States are very very arrogant & ignoran ...

After living in Asia for some time, the last time I went back to the USA, I was waiting to cross the streets. You know, in Asia, no one would ever stop for you, and I got used to letting cars go first. But this car just stopped for me, it surprised me, since it's been so long, and I wasn't even at a zebra crossing, and no other cars on the road. Just one person, me, and one car stopped for me in the whole road. It was such a nice feeling. He was a white male driver with kids in the car, I think. Is that arrogance?

I really miss American culture, because they really don't care about face. I'm so sick of the face culture in Asia. China was a fully communist country, and it became so for the sake of equality, right? But surprisingly there is no equality in China at all, not even in the way you treat others. One would think you would have adopted some equality mentality, but nope, nothing. China is probably one of the most unequal countries in the world, where guanxi is extremely important.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-9 18:02:54 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-9 18:00
I feel zero confortable with Americans or Brits in China - they look weird, talk weird & behaves awk ...

But I've seen some of the older, wrinkled American men in Asia. I think they are just like what they would be in the US. Same sense of humor, same style, etc. They are not weird to me. Even the arrogant ones aren't weird, but they have their heads in the clouds.

Why do you say they are copycats?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.