Author: ceciliazhang

The American Dream through the eyes of Chinese millennials   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-24 21:00:42 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 21:12:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-24 08:00
Why  is that "gooc news" for you? Are you glad to see them go?

Just the ones that want to go
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 21:41:11 |Display all floors
Nowadays "the American dream" loses its meaning for those people who come from countries with developed or fast growing economies. So it is not a phenomenon at all that  Chinese alumni of US universities want to come back to their country after the graduation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 22:10:31 |Display all floors
The "American Dream" is not unique to America. All humans dream of material plenty, freedom from abuse and tyranny. Since Reagan and Thatcher and the under-cutting of social justice in the world by financial elites ("neo-coservatism") that dream has been damaged. Brexit and the election of Trump are symptoms of the anger and hopeless feelings of the ordinary citizens of the developed world. But the "dream" can be rescued by the votes of wise citizens for politicians of the moderate left (liberals and social democrats).  The world is in a temporary crisis that can be solved by political reforms.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 22:54:15 |Display all floors
The America Dream died in the 1960's.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-24 22:58:47 |Display all floors
America needs a cultural revolution of her own version

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-25 08:27:10 |Display all floors
Alright.But what is American Dream anyway?I read once on my history page when I was in middle school,has american dream already come true?
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.