Author: linda_sun

Should China introduce more foreign teaching staff? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-10 08:35:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-10 09:02:18 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 09:06:13 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 09:12:19 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-5-9 14:22
Hire foreign teachers with REAL professional skills,that is what really matters.We have enough forei ...

That view is not supported by the number of advertisements for native English speakers.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 09:37:09 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-5-10 09:12
That view is not supported by the number of advertisements for native English speakers.

Yeah.  There are all kinds of night classes,cram schools,holiday classes where school teachers and people of English majors offer lessons.I guess the reason why parents tend to send their children to those classes rather than find a native speaker is Chinese teacher is more familiar with the tests and trustworthy,cuz they share the same language.If a foreigner can speak good Chinese,then I am sure there will be more ads for native speakers,which will truly improve students' communication skills,instead of just coping with English tests for a higher grade.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 11:50:33 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-10 13:25:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-10 11:50
No person in China ever sees the  contradiction in their belie that Chinese Enlish teachers do n ...

I agree with your opinion,however,u can't say "No person in China",which seems too absolute,there are still a few parents that send their children abroad because they are aware that current education background is far from enough to make their childrend a true communicator and the significance of not being trapped by the criteria established by domestic English tests.But as you mentioned above,people are taking those tests too seriously,it is good to examine your language competence though.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.