Author: linda_sun

Should college students be encouaged to pay the Housing Fund? [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-24 10:17:08 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-4-23 21:45
I would prefer the opposite - ban students from contributing to such funds, unless they produce the  ...

This will definitely spur innovation and entrepreneurship and in turn benefit the society immensely. Good advice!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-4-24 10:24:33 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-4-24 07:39
The funds centers should show first the spreadsheet to justify the business case for students withou ...

I've never received any education on finance, but it doesn't affect my life much since I am born a saver, not a spender. For young people today who try everything to borrow and spend tomorrow's money, the education is needed urgently. I don't think parents do the right thing by offering them housing fund.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-4-25 07:04:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by markwu at 2017-4-25 19:15
linda_sun Post time: 2017-4-24 10:24
I've never received any education on finance, but it doesn't affect my life much since I am born a ...

It's a problem of emerging economies; first generation works its back off to build family wealth propelled by memory of past hardships; second generation enjoys without inkling how hard money comes by and how easy fortunes can ebb.

In China's case, the one-child policy meant all the love and attention were layered all the time on a single child who may end up not being able to assess the fragility of situations and thus cannot develop a longer horizon view so necessary to be prepared for the eventuality of downturns.

For all the high savings rates others have said she shows, China seems to be spending money overseas like nobody's business and on things which should have been better valuated first. Paying too much for too little is like being suckered for it creates the precedent that it can be repeated ad nauseum.

Hard earned money, spend more wisely, save more cannily. Let the young be forever reminded of this. Good times don't last forever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.