Author: linda_sun

Will S Korea pay dearly for THAAD? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-8 01:43:20 |Display all floors
In reality, the disparity is almost certainly larger due to Beijing’s obvious overreporting.
If China can punish “a small country,” so can the United States.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 01:45:37 |Display all floors
Last year, China’s gross domestic product, as reported by the official National Bureau of Statistics, was $10.83 trillion. America’s, according to the first estimate of the Bureau of Economic Analysis, was $18.86 trillion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 01:45:56 |Display all floors
In reality, the disparity is almost certainly larger due to Beijing’s obvious overreporting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 01:48:01 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 01:57:03 |Display all floors
The one tactic Washington can employ is the one China used against Japan in 2012 and is using against South Korea now: economic coercion. The way to defend America is to support South Korea. The way to support South Korea is to sanction China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 02:22:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2017-3-7 13:25

NO. Let me explain. I am a Canadian. I'm very pro-US but I think the US should not have any forces in South Korea (ROK). I believe that the entire Korean Peninsula should be under the military control of China because it is just like Canada and Mexico are to the USA. Therefore, the obvious solution is that the US should withdraw its forces from ROK as soon as China replaces the criminal Kim family feudal dictatorship with a DPRK government jointly acceptable to ROK and China. All nuclear weapons should be removed by the Chinese. The Chinese PLA should regulate the DMZ. Both DPRK and ROK should drastically reduce their military. Eventual Korean reunification should be gradual and by agreement between China and ROK. Basically, if China is to become respected as an equal "great power" with the USA, it must be given control over Korea (and Taiwan - but not the 9-Dash-Line). Together, as allies, with no disputes left between them, China and USA should build a stable world peace. And you can bet that if China and USA become good allies, NO COUNTRY (or combination) will be able to DISTURB the peace they create!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-8 02:29:48 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2017-3-7 12:57
The one tactic Washington can employ is the one China used against Japan in 2012 and is using agains ...

The way to defend America is to become allied with China. Then there will be peace. To become allied with China the US must leave Korea. Korea is China's Mexico. Would Americans tolerate Chinese forces in Mexico? Do you want eternal conflict between China and USA? Why? Would you even DREAM of fighting a land war against China in Korea? It would be INSANE!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.