Views: 3740|Replies: 20

What is going wrong with Chinese higher education?[2]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-11 12:10:33 |Display all floors
Julie 朱丽

This is so true! I'm doing my Masters degree and was shocked when I was told it was an open book exam end of last semester!!!

An international student takes an exam in Hangzhou, East China's Zhejiang province in this May 8, 2014 file photo. [Photo by Long Wei/Asianewsphoto]

Previous Page 1

2 3 4 5 6 Next Page

Previous Page 1

2 3 4 5 6 Next Page

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 12:10:34 |Display all floors
Hello, foreign senior.Thanks for your fantastic article. I am a grade one Chinese student studying in the Jilin University (JLU) which is a leading national university under the direct jurisdiction of China's Ministry of Education.
        After looking through  passage,combining my own experience in the university,Conscientiously,I cannot agree with you any more!But as Chinese,especially for me ,although sometimes I am trapped in these unless courses ,taking some boring lessons,I am capable to learn more things
that are outclass the regular knowledge from the after class,friends,and the most virtual university's environment. These konwledge ,maybe you cannot access in “class”,but you can also master in your daily life. Such as,be kind ,be brave,and become a man who can save more people in the world.
         Despite I can not enjoy the same foreign education as you,I can still learn what I want,Don't let the score take in your whole life.And I am still very very proud for China,because I am Chiness, WHAT I BECOME, MY COUNTRY WILL BE. So,I cannot be complaine about my environment ,what I can only do is to develope myself, space no effort to change the world!  
        At the same time,I  apologize on behalf Chinese  for your scores. Wish you a happy life in the future.
        Welcome to China again!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 12:56:56 |Display all floors
There are too many problems with China's education system, which are rooted deeply in their culture,
really hard to change and explain elaborately.
I just feel futile, so I just quit, which ,of course , is a helpless decision.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 15:06:21 |Display all floors
If this the complain then the ministry need to review through high education institution syllabus from time to time ensuring conformance to international requirement. Many countries adopt the British education system.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-11 18:34:34 |Display all floors
The Chinese language is extremely memory intensive. You need to spend time repeatedly writing and speaking it till you internalize it. That can be a daunting process for foreigners.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-12 14:28:02 |Display all floors
And yet these same Universities, despite their teaching methods, brought forth folks who pulled China from the depths of poverty to No.2 in the world’s economic hierarchy – And in record time too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-12 15:03:18 |Display all floors
Probably, you do not know what OPEN BOOK EXAMINATION really is. Open Book Examination does not mean one does not need to study. Instead, one has to study more so that the answers in the book could be identified immediately and written on the examination paper. There is another form of examination which is known as TAKE HOME EXAMINATION. The examination paper is given to the student and must be completed within stipulated time frame. Bear in mind that you have all the time to find the answers from not only your books but related literature and papers as well as proceedings in conferences to answer your examination paper. Unfortunately, you should not be surprised that at least a few questions will not be answered by you because if you could then you are the one who sets the paper. So, do not try to show that you are in your Masters and really know something. In fact, the truth is you do not but are learning.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.