Chinadaily Forum

Title: Putting Things in Perspective [Print this page]

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-17 19:43:32     Title: Putting Things in Perspective

The Nature of Life

I have provided a considerable amount of historical information in the many years I have posted on this forum. My views have also evolved as a result of new information and of introspection. I thought I would try to start a new thread that would explore the nature of our existence. I hope my enemies will permit me to post without harrassment as this is intended to be a less confrontational thread than some of the others I have posted.

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-17 19:55:39

Background

I have concentrated on certain aspects of human existence - the real secret sources of power, the Orwellian nature of propaganda, "conspiracies", colonial history, social engineering and so on. I do not intend to retract anything or apologise for anything. I am reasonably sure that I have not deliberately falsified anything. What I hope to do is to further explore the nature of truth and it's utility in view of our past and future trajectories. Likewise with morality. I would also like to speculate on our future and if better worlds are or were ever possible.
Author: dusty1    Time: 2016-12-18 04:40:30

Do you reasearch using creditable sources or does anything do no matter how disreputable as long as it fits your point of view?
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-18 07:49:24

dusty1 Post time: 2016-12-18 04:40
Do you reasearch using creditable sources or does anything do no matter how disreputable as long as  ...

Interesting Question

That is an interesting question . What is the truth ? What do you mean by creditable (credible ?) sources ? Is it what is reported in what is referred to as the mainstream media ? Do they always tell the absolute truth ? Are academicians always honest ?
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-18 07:58:14

Human Nature and Freedom

Freedom is always promoted as an absolute, desirable ideal. However it must be pointed out that Little Penguins live to 17 years in captivity as opposed to an average of 10 years in the wild. Can we humans really describe ourselves as free ? It appears to me now that all living things are above all life addicts. We always choose a course of action that will extend our individual life spans even if it means making dubious moral decisions, leading lives  of a poor quality or putting our collective future in doubt.
Author: dusty1    Time: 2016-12-18 08:19:09

petera Post time: 2016-12-18 07:49
Interesting Question

That is an interesting question . What is the truth ? What do you mean by cr ...

You are into philosophy that's a first
Author: fatdragon    Time: 2016-12-18 09:19:11

petera Post time: 2016-12-18 07:49
Interesting Question

That is an interesting question . What is the truth ? What do you mean by cr ...
Is it what is reported in what is referred to as the mainstream media ? Do they always tell the absolute truth ?

In recent years it has become more obvious that any truths to be found in mainstream media are coincidental, so unlikely to be creditable, and academics get grants to support agendas which all makes the necessity to seek alternative sources more important.

I am still laughing at all the "Putin done it!" propaganda which has been lapped up by mainstream media without being supported by evidence and being challenged.
Author: St_George    Time: 2016-12-18 10:32:18

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Are we talking about the same cyberattack where it was revealed that head of the DNC illegally gave Hillary the questions to the debate?
11:09 AM - 16 Dec 2016
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-18 11:04:22

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-18 11:06:32

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-18 11:12:59

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-18 15:20:17

seneca Post time: 2016-12-18 11:12
Good philosophical point, Pet.

There are two kinds of freedom:

Choose

On the other hand the North Sentinelese vigorously oppose assimilation into post agricultural society. The Chinese, the Japanese and the Koreans resisted assimilation into a western dominated International community of nations. The lure of consumerism is powerful but there are wise forces that resist and that are overruled by gunships and other irresistible instruments of persuasion.
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-18 15:45:47

seneca Post time: 2016-12-18 11:12
Good philosophical point, Pet.

There are two kinds of freedom:

Filter

My first reply was captured by the filter. I will make this brief and raise other issues. By "progressing" and living in opulently appointed apartments we make big demands on nature. 80% of the world's forests and vast numbers of species have disappeared forever.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-18 19:54:42

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-19 08:37:50

seneca Post time: 2016-12-18 19:54
Oh dear! That was a smart post. But totally off target. Even you must realise that.

I think you ...

10 Million

There were 10 million koalas before Europeans were introduced into Australia. Only 43,000 remain on the continent. The Thylacine is long gone and the Tasmanian Devil and the Numbat are on their way to extinction. Australia's land clearing rates are currently the highest in the world.

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-19 08:42:12

Population Growth

Both monotheic religions encourage population growth. The growth of European populations have also been phenomenal. However it is the combination of population and economic growth that devastates the environment. The USA has a staggering population of 17.5 billion equivalent Bangladeshis.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-19 09:50:06

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-19 09:53:27

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-19 10:10:43

seneca Post time: 2016-12-19 09:50
You do realise, do you, that even if no Europeans had settled in Australia the species you mention ...

Stone Axes

Stone Axes were indeed a start to deforestation. Apparently the introduction of bronze sharply increased rates of deforestation. The fact is that each advance in technology means a new more potent means of assaulting nature.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-19 16:54:46

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-19 19:08:10

Sheep

I have been highly critical of the banksters , and rightly so. They drove the conquest of the New World and have brought us to the brink of extinction. Left to their own devices the sheeple would have lasted between 1000 and 5000 years longer. However it has to be admitted that our species can be controlled much like the creatures we have domesticated. The Catholic church unabashedly refers to it's adherents as it's flock. The same forces are at play. Like most living creatures we will do whatever it takes to survive. We will kill, chop down forests, lie , purchase whatever the pharmaceutical industry offers.

Author: markwu    Time: 2016-12-19 20:05:39

I held breath until blue in the face waiting for the great delving into nature of our existence in perspective but see it is impossible for some to avoid senseless altercation.

This is an important post. Do try to continue and book,mark it.

oops..
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-19 20:55:07

Author: Saul    Time: 2016-12-19 21:56:39

seneca Post time: 2016-12-19 07:55
Bah.

I knew you could not avoid stooping to this depraved bottom in your quest to vituperate. You ...

Oh, he would find something to b1tch about.
Author: Ted180    Time: 2016-12-19 22:38:09

This post was edited by Ted180 at 2016-12-19 09:39

I like the philosophy of John Stuart Mill (a 19th century English "utilitarian" philospher). He believes that what is "right" is what creates "the greatest good for the greatest number". Mill's "practical" nature appeals to me. I agree that minorties must sometimes suffer for the benefit of a majority. But, judging exactly when they must suffer is difficult. The "banksters" you mention are a minority. Certainly there are situations in which they must suffer. The problem is, how can their suffering produce the greatest benefit to the majority. If credit (lending money for interest) did not exist, the result would be a terrible lack of goods and services. Imagine if people could not buy a house until they had enough cash to pay for it. Imagine if a city could not build a sewage treatment plant until it had saved the full cash price from taxes. So credit (which requires a source of lent money) requires "banksters". So the problem is: How to regulate the banksters? Well, social democracy provides the answer.
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-20 05:38:49

markwu Post time: 2016-12-19 20:05
I held breath until blue in the face waiting for the great delving into nature of our existence in p ...

Thank You

Thank You for your support. I will try to get back on track.
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-20 05:40:25

Ted180 Post time: 2016-12-19 22:38
I like the philosophy of John Stuart Mill (a 19th century English "utilitarian" philospher). He beli ...

Flat

I did actually purchase a little investment flat recently without taking a loan.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-20 06:47:31

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-20 06:52:47

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-20 06:59:01

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-20 08:26:37

seneca Post time: 2016-12-20 06:59
I am not able to see that you are "apportioning the guilt for our predicament (which one might  ...

Kissed

I actually kissed a 66 year old grandmother on the cheek last weekend. She belonged to your tribe. No cracks about Judas, for Christ's sake.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-20 13:24:08

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-21 05:54:15

seneca Post time: 2016-12-20 06:59
I am not able to see that you are "apportioning the guilt for our predicament (which one might  ...

Predicament

You may argue that we are "progressing" and that life will continue indefinitely. The fact is however that we do not have energy sources that will take us into the future. I don't think there are infinite sources of coal and oil and gas. In any case the extraction of these substances and their combustion are devastating to the environment. Wind and solar power are unlikely to be of much use. That leaves the deadly alternative of nuclear fission. We are far past the point of no return. The forests and oceanic fish stocks that sustained our pre agricultural ancestors are gone and in any case there are too many of us to subsist naturally. If this isn't a predicament I don't know what is.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-21 06:46:00

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-21 19:34:53

seneca Post time: 2016-12-21 06:46
Finally my Pet is becoming rational again. Our perspectives are converging on this subject.

I  ...

Some more than others

Most of the world's population, and their ancestors, had no say in the developments of the last two millennia. The religions, the philosophies, the wars, the cultures and the rest of it have been imposed by a tiny global elite. The concentration of power has reached it's zenith in the modern world and a tiny cabal dictates to the billions. I have stressed this on many occasions. But perhaps this is a natural  unavoidable state of affairs rooted in human nature, the nature of living things and the nature of the universe itself.
Author: markwu    Time: 2016-12-21 20:38:07

petera Post time: 2016-12-21 19:34
Some more than others

Most of the world's population, and their ancestors, had no say in the deve ...

Some may argue otherwise but it seems it is human nature to evolve and those who are able evolve to survive better will upend those who evolve slower or are hampered by factors beyond their ken so that disparity has become the common weal and not the common wealth of mankind today.

The danger is that there are two sides of the same coin, and the other side says that the same evolutionary mechanism which has entrenched disparity has also encoded a sense of justice in human nature so that disparity is perceived as unjust, a perception that may lend to more conflict and instability unless countervailing forces are interposed.

Perhaps the way to flip that coin is to force-scythe through with a reconfiguration program. The older bigger and more presently capable entity will only bid and do the bigger more complex jobs and farm out parts of them where less skills and ability are needed to the newer smaller and less influential entities so that the latter can also experience the evolution of capability.

This implicit arrangement must however be reinforced by another acceptance - that meritocracy will be protected with a good governance system applicable uniformly to all so that fairness will be upheld and no entity will be upended for being lower in the evolutionary chain.

However this itself comes at a cost, namely the meritocracy process itself is impeded by slower processing and encumbered procedures none of which may change the final result. Which however does not mean better methods cannot be found so that the entire galaxy of entities will rise in concert one with the other.

What applies here for commerce and industry can also apply for society and thus enter the domain of human nature. In the very evolution of this thread, that is being done.....here and now.....yes?

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-21 21:00:54

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-21 21:11:26

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-22 05:58:19

Saul Post time: 2016-12-21 01:11
On her a-s-s cheek

Ass

That is the portion of anatomy that is of interest to you. It is also the life form that you resemble most.
You seem to have found conjugal bliss with your colleague Slimy, I mean Dusty. I wish you both misery in your married life.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-22 09:09:57

Author: Saul    Time: 2016-12-22 19:45:48

petera Post time: 2016-12-21 16:58
Ass

That is the portion of anatomy that is of interest to you. It is also the life form that you  ...

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-23 08:33:13

seneca Post time: 2016-12-22 09:09
Waah, my Pet the Canary, I am truly surprised by the freedoms you enjoy in our FOrum, the freedom  ...

Double Standards and Moral Standard

You ignored the post that reacted to. Your moral standards require improvement.
The moderators did not remove the offending post and I was forced to react.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-23 12:19:19

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-23 15:03:22

markwu Post time: 2016-12-21 20:38
Some may argue otherwise but it seems it is human nature to evolve and those who are able evolve t ...

Evolution

Evolution is the driving force of the phenomenon of life. Life and it's meaning are an insoluble mystery. Evolution has created innumerable species, each exploiting niches in the biosphere. But has evolution gone mad ? Is the human race a cancer in the biosphere ? Or are we in the natural final phase , in the natural closing of a circle ? There is no reason why evolution would not create a super creature. A creature that can drastically alter the environment for what it perceives are it's own interests. That certainly has happened. But what is next ?
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-23 15:19:31

markwu Post time: 2016-12-21 20:38
Some may argue otherwise but it seems it is human nature to evolve and those who are able evolve t ...

Evolution

Are we still evolving ? Are we still a single species ? Unlike other species we prey on ourselves. The most astonishing examples are the recent genocides in the Americas, in Australia and elsewhere. The capabilities of the human brain and the dexterity of the human hand gave us tools and weapons. Some "advanced" more rapidly than others. A stalemate of sorts prevailed in the Old World. The voyages of Columbus changed all that. The Native Americans in isolation had developed fewer tricks than the Old Worlders and succumbed. The conquerors, fattened by the enormous bounty of the Potosi silver mines and the rest of El Dorado were able to turn on their rivals in the Old World and break the stalemate. The little cabal at the helm are now masters of all they survey.
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-23 15:22:42

Hope

I hope my latest post appears.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-23 16:22:37

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-23 19:31:50

seneca Post time: 2016-12-23 16:22
It amazes me that I sometimes agree with you 100%.

I fully share your belief in evolution and  ...

West

The Mosaic religions are materialistic. Especially the root Mosaic religion. Does any other culture have names like Silverstein, Diamond, Goldberg, Ruby and so on ? Gold is pretty worthless isn't it ? The Native Americans and many others didn't think much of gold. But I am willing to admit that the Chosen are similar to the gentiles. Humans are greedy. The Chosen are just that little bit greedier. Over the millennia that trait has propelled them to the top of the heap. But humans like sheep and cattle need to be led. The Chosen have taken the role of shepherd. The purpose of this thread is partly to assign blame fairly. I am willing to concede that all people bear some of the guilt.
Author: Saul    Time: 2016-12-23 20:04:58

petera Post time: 2016-12-23 06:31
West

The Mosaic religions are materialistic. Especially the root Mosaic religion. Does any other  ...

anti-semitic nonsense
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-24 09:49:29

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-24 09:51:11

Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-24 10:35:46

Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-25 17:40:23

seneca Post time: 2016-12-24 10:35
Who? Petera?

He has all the forumites' thickest skull.

Graduate

I did graduate in engineering from one of the world's top 50 engineering institutes. Graduates from my alma mater have developed some of the best known semiconductor devices and reached great heights in the profession.
Author: petera    Time: 2016-12-25 17:47:00

seneca Post time: 2016-12-24 09:49
Rollercoaster, Bub, Beelzebub that you are!

The Mosaic religions are the least materialistic in t ...

Nonsense

This is nonsense. Materialism is at the core of a fourth Mosaic faith. This one is named after a Rothschild cousin.
Author: seneca    Time: 2016-12-26 10:27:45

Author: petera    Time: 2017-1-6 14:49:16

Busy

I will try to revive this thread later.
Author: dusty1    Time: 2017-1-6 18:36:50

petera Post time: 2017-1-6 14:49
Busy

I will try to revive this thread later.

I'm cutting down a tee rainbow lorrikeets love to put up my patio
Author: petera    Time: 2017-1-6 18:41:00

dusty1 Post time: 2017-1-6 18:36
I'm cutting down a tee rainbow lorrikeets love to put up my patio

Most Valuable ?

And this is the output of the forum's most valuable member ?
This forum has hit rock bottom.
Author: dusty1    Time: 2017-1-6 18:54:39

petera Post time: 2017-1-6 18:41
Most Valuable ?

And this is the output of the forum's most valuable member ?

I see you weren't nominated I have been the last three years, your a little slow
Author: petera    Time: 2017-1-6 18:59:23

dusty1 Post time: 2017-1-6 18:54
I see you weren't nominated I have been the last three years, your a little slow

Dissidents

Dissidents can't be nominated. This forum is now of the Yobbos, for the Yobbos, by the Yobbos.
Author: dusty1    Time: 2017-1-6 19:44:57

petera Post time: 2017-1-6 18:59
Dissidents

Dissidents can't be nominated. This forum is now of the Yobbos, for the Yobbos, by the ...

If you help pick up the standard of threads and responces it won't be, come on come with me and raise the standard
Author: seneca    Time: 2017-1-7 12:57:15

Author: seneca    Time: 2017-1-7 12:58:27

Author: petera    Time: 2017-2-5 10:48:11

Pax Judaica ?

Have the banksters brought peace and stability to the planet they rule ? Perusing the carnage of the last century and the extension of the lunacy into this one  would would naturally retort in the negative. But perhaps this gory mess is the best we can have or expect or hope for. Perhaps the script is the best the supreme being could come up with. Life has existed for 3.5 billion years they say. Some magnificent creatures have stood or walked on the surface of this planet. Many others have graced the oceans. Even our strange species has it's achievements.
The era of living things is coming to a close, but we should gracefully accept this as an unavoidable and predestined end to a long and sometimes grand theatrical production.
Author: seneca    Time: 2017-2-5 14:49:38

Author: seneca    Time: 2017-2-5 14:49:59

Author: seneca    Time: 2017-2-5 14:51:31

Author: petera    Time: 2017-4-9 18:43:35

Hard

I have been in a state of euphoria since my trip to Antarctica last month. I sailed through a series of misfortunes and some bad news. The state of euphoria ended however with Drumpf's brutal action in Syria in support of an expanded Israel. I am comforting myself with the knowledge that the script cannot be changed or improved. The universe is larger than this uncouth buffoon and his evil puppeteers. He and his tribe may have grandiose plans for world domination but the extinction which his actions bring closer will engulf his vain tribe along with the rest of us.
Author: JFenix    Time: 2017-4-9 22:13:39

Ted180 Post time: 2016-12-19 22:38
I like the philosophy of John Stuart Mill (a 19th century English "utilitarian" philospher). He beli ...
I agree that minorties must sometimes suffer for the benefit of a majority.

How and why?
Author: Ted180    Time: 2017-4-9 22:50:30

JFenix Post time: 2017-4-9 09:13
How and why?

Because the best result is what is positive for the greatest number of humans.
Author: JFenix    Time: 2017-4-9 22:53:42

Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-9 22:50
Because the best result is what is positive for the greatest number of humans.

Something I have been thinking about lately is the Andrew Jackson presidency.

Do you think the people saw the Indian Removal act as something that was necessary to benefit the majority (of white settlers?).

Author: Ted180    Time: 2017-4-9 22:58:51

JFenix Post time: 2017-4-9 09:53
Something I have been thinking about lately is the Andrew Jackson presidency.

Do you think the pe ...

Probably yes.
Author: JFenix    Time: 2017-4-9 23:13:02

Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-9 22:58
Probably yes.

And that is what is scary about that kind of thinking.

Mob mentality and mob rule.

I had a psychology professor that put it like this.  He used an example from parenting experiences, but its somewhat applicable here.  He said if there is only one boy - you have a boy.  Two boys and then you have half a boy,  a group of boys and you have no boy.   Very simplistic way of putting it.  But does bring it home (at least for me) of how the group influences our own ethics.  If we are alone, we operate by our own standards of right and wrong.  But in a group - we more likely will accept the opinion of the group even if it conflict with our own personal ethics.  The more people believe in something, the more it must be 'right'.

Author: Ted180    Time: 2017-4-9 23:18:50

JFenix Post time: 2017-4-9 10:13
And that is what is scary about that kind of thinking.

Mob mentality and mob rule.

But this tendency to be influenced by the group is also valuable because it permits coordination of efforts within the group. "Society" is based on it. It does not HAVE to lead to mob mentality.
Author: JFenix    Time: 2017-4-9 23:37:27

Ted180 Post time: 2017-4-9 23:18
But this tendency to be influenced by the group is also valuable because it permits coordination o ...

True.

There is just always the danger of infecting group thought.  As long as that is recognized and guarded against, than you can beat the negative influences of group thought.

I have been thinking a lot about the Trump supporters and alt-right conservatism in general.  I used to think this group was all motivated by hatred (bigotry, misogyny, etc).  But I'm slowly gaining a new perspective.   I think it may have more to do with a general mistrust of human nature.  Seeing everyone as basically bad - guilty until proven innocent.

If you think everyone is basically bad (except for the people who have proven themselves to be good) - than all their positions make sense.  Why help the poor if they are basically bad people?  Why help immigrants if they are bad?  Why care about black lives matter when no lives matter?  Every life can be potentially taken if they become a threat, and since everyone is basically bad, everyone is a potential threat.  So buy more guns to 'protect' yourself from all the bad people.

But is the root cause hate or despair?  Is it possible the root cause of all the pessimism is earned?  What do we emphasize in our media?  Are we contributing to the idea that people should fear others?  And if so, how do you turn that around?  How do you emphasize bringing out the good in society?  

How do you restore faith in humanity?

Author: Ted180    Time: 2017-4-10 06:35:16

JFenix Post time: 2017-4-9 10:37
True.

There is just always the danger of infecting group thought.  As long as that is recognized  ...

It's not very helpful; but I think "faith in humanity" is caused only by having parents who loved and cared for you. The raising of children is the most important function of humans. I suspect that most bigotry is caused by cruel parenting.
Author: petera    Time: 2017-5-18 06:59:27

Good Things

One of the reasons the Chosen stay in control despite all the terrible things they do to the biosphere and to their fellow men is because they do come up with good stuff or what appears as good stuff. Modern medicine for instance. Admittedly I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for modern medicine. They have provided a level of stability and security to the gentile sheeple, or at least to some segments of mankind. Pax Judaica. The sheeple go along because of this apparent security and because of the incessant propaganda and because their masters are in control of powerful police forces.
Author: emanreus    Time: 2017-5-18 17:33:37

petera Post time: 2017-5-18 06:59
Good Things

One of the reasons the Chosen stay in control despite all the terrible things they do t ...

for ordinary folks, without spending years among the Chosen it is almost impossible to comprehend what you on about.

However, you are dead on.
Author: petera    Time: 2018-12-1 13:25:06

Scientific American

Since I started this thread two years ago the publication Scientific American has I understand published an article proclaiming that humans were the original domestic animal. This is interesting. Perhaps I should get hold of this article. This is somewhat surprising. A "respected" scientific publication apparently crossing the border into "conspiracy theory". As readers are aware we conspiracy theorists often refer to the rest of the populace as "sheeple".
Author: petera    Time: 2019-1-30 06:01:31

Curiosity can be Criminal

In pursuing Polanski and in analysing the assassinations of JFK and Rajiv Gandhi I was venturing into unexplored territory. Unexplored because these areas are off limits to us goy sheeple. And perhaps rightly so. The banksters are in control after millennia of scheming and ruthless action. Ours is not to question why or how.
Author: petera    Time: 2019-6-28 16:38:09

Amazing

The tightening up of control over the internet globally in a short period of time is an amazing indication of how monolithic and powerful the rulers of this planet are.
Author: Saul    Time: 2019-7-23 21:22:54

petera Post time: 2019-6-28 03:38
Amazing

The tightening up of control over the internet globally in a short period of time is an ama ...

More Bullsh1t from the forum nut.

Welcome Chinadaily Forum (https://yuantingting.blog.chinadaily.com.cn/) Powered by Discuz! X2