Author: sunnylin01

Can China provide free medical care?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-11-21 01:55:02 |Display all floors
Nothing is "free". The question is: Will Chinese taxpayers eventually fund essential healthcare? Of course they will - when China's economy grows more.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-21 13:57:54 |Display all floors
Fack the 1%ers for their greed is the reason for poverty.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-21 16:24:05 |Display all floors
I personally would like to see free medical care available to Chinese people. However, I have seen the problems that arise in the west ... medicines and treatments become so expensive that a country eventually finds difficulty meeting the needs of its people with regard health.  I know of no answer to this problem.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-22 00:15:21 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-11-21 09:24
I personally would like to see free medical care available to Chinese people. However, I have seen t ...

Obama care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-22 12:50:33 |Display all floors
Why would the dumb Chinese police take her?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-22 15:09:39 |Display all floors
In Finland, there is a system of "Current Care Guidelines" which is maintained jointly by medical professionals and government. It is basically a quite detailed list of different medical conditions and suitable treatments for those, considering the "big picture", which includes government budget for public healthcare.

This is the guidelines for medical practitioners in government run hospitals when they decide or recommend how to treat patients.

Because it is based on the forementioned "big picture", of course there are often individual patients who require more individualized care. The option for those patients is then to seek (usually more expensive) health care from private hospitals. It is unavoidable fact, that it is not possible to provide same level of healthcare for all people.

China could easily build similar system, where public could transparently see what treatments they are allowed from public funds, and what not.

But if China still continues to "cross the river by feeling the stones", they can only blame themselves for occassional drownings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-22 17:37:51 |Display all floors
Jarek Post time: 2016-11-22 00:15
Obama care.

Yes,
Obama care.
With nearly 50,000 veterans sleeping on the streets each night, it’s clear we are failing to serve those who have served our country.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.