Views: 4742|Replies: 15

[Photos] Wildlife [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-10-18 09:32:39 |Display all floors
A prowling lion, a charging rhino and a great white shark about to devour a seal - just some of the astonishing moments captured by Europe's best-selling wildlife photographer.
David Yarrow, a 49-year-old former hedge fund mogul based in London, traded in his suits more than a decade ago to travel the world and get closer to wild animals than most other photographers would dare.
With a new book out this week, Wild Encounters, he charts the past five years of his explorations - Africa, Japan, Alaska and Antarctica among them - and all the beasts he has tirelessly hunted with his lens along the way.
It's incredibly stirring material and moved Prince William to comment that his pictures have the power to influence the way we view the animal kingdom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-18 09:33:08 |Display all floors
'When I was shooting polar bears in Alaska, I must have been closer than just about anyone has ever been to a polar bear in the wild and lived to tell the tale,' he tells MailOnline Travel.
'I was shaking so much I thought I'd never get the shot. In other instances I've had cameras eaten, stamped on and even confiscated by animals. Once, the cage in which I was seeking protection fell on top of me.'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-18 09:33:23 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-18 09:35:12 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-18 09:35:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-18 09:37:58 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-10-18 09:38:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.