Views: 376|Replies: 3

Olympians’ spirit hailed by president [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-26 05:08:52 |Display all floors
President Xi Jinping greets Lang Ping, head coach of the Chinese women’s volleyball team, at a meeting attended by the Chinese Olympic delegation and the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee. (Photo/Xinhua)
President Xi Jinping issued a rallying call on Thursday for the Olympic spirit to be practiced in helping to realize the "China Dream" o ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-26 05:08:53 |Display all floors
May i know the Chinese of title,I am confused on Olympians'spirit?It mean 奥运的精神?还是可以直接翻译成奥运的健儿(spirit有精神抖擞的意思?!)thank you  very much!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-26 09:32:02 |Display all floors
Amongst all, I admired Lang Ping most. She shows us what a true professional should be i.e. prioritize and excelling at one's chosen profession without other thoughts of glory, money, fame etc., but just trying to do the best and excel at one's profession. She vividly showed us this side of her professionalism when she was coaching the USA team winning over China in 2008. If everyone can exhibit the same spirit of professionalism as Lang Ping in our respective chosen professions, then our country will indeed be in good hands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-26 12:57:34 |Display all floors
In some countries gold medal get 1 million in monetary with monthly pension, silver medal get 600 000 in monetary with monthly pension and bronze get 300 000 in monetary with monthly pension. This inspire a lot of efforts.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.