Author: sunnylin01

Should France ban the burkini?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-24 20:42:54 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2016-8-24 20:10
To the OP's question, of course not.
It shouldn't be banned, what harm is there in covering up.

"Same here in Florida....burkini should be mandatory for some of the "ladies" I see around here..."

Not Only in Florida.

I seen some tourist wobbling along the beach ... should be forced to cover up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 22:13:29 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2016-8-24 07:42
"Same here in Florida....burkini should be mandatory for some of the "ladies" I see around here... ...

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 22:21:09 |Display all floors
SHK Post time: 2016-8-24 18:12
Yes, If Saudi Arabia can ban clothes that they don't like then other countries can decide too. What' ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 22:27:26 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-24 18:34
Your comparison is lopsided.

Saudi Arabia is not a country where immigrants are encouraged t ...

And look what is happening to France for obliging their laws. Try taking your wife to a beach in Saudi Arabia wearing a thong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-24 22:46:04 |Display all floors
this is so called human rights in west countries.
life is colorful with you.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-8-25 03:48:38 |Display all floors
The French have always been unusual people's

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-25 05:09:03 |Display all floors
sunnylin01 Post time: 2016-8-24 16:33

Well it is a difficult question here, so many things to consider.  There is  the freedom of  what people want to wear, the freedom of what people  do not want to wear, the integration of Muslim into their chosen places where they have changed where they wish to live.  I think "When in Rome you do and the Romans do" is a good old saying.   It appears to me the Muslim people in some cases do not want to accept at all some western culture matters,but, at the same time the Muslim people want to move to a western country.  I see in Australia that some Muslim people want to keep their old laws in the country they immigrated from.  Certainly it is a very difficult question but with the killings and unrest then i think the banning of this burkini is in fact a step in the right direction.  I see Japan has tough immigration laws for Muslim people and in fact Japan has very little disturbance in the way of Muslim outlandish behaviour.   Yes certainly a difficult question in this day and age.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.