Author: sunnylin01

Chinese athletes were cheated out of 10 medals   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-21 19:30:55 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2016-8-21 19:13
I agree in principle with what you said regarding athletes being complicit. However, to be fair mo ...

I know amateur athletes who inform themselves (take responsibility), as amateur sports hold the same illegal substances as professional sports, and they are as closely tested as professional athletes.

in any profession you are expected to keep up to date on the latest standards.
And I doubt there would be any changes in what is considered an illegal substance in sports without it being communicated out to all relevant sporting bodies.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-8-22 08:20:55 |Display all floors
The Americans were cheated out of. Medal in the Sydney Olympics by he Chinese that has been addressed, China stripped America awarded

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-8-23 08:56:29 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-8-21 19:30
I know amateur athletes who inform themselves (take responsibility), as amateur sports hold the sa ...

Some do, some don't.  We have the advantage as well in that we speak fluent English.  

Normally drug / substance bans are circulated by the controlling authority for a sport to each countries controlling authority who then pass the information on to the regional authorities, then down to clubs and or the membership as well as accredited medical personnel.  It can take a couple of weeks for the information to pass through the system.  In many cases athletes are not fully informed but are simply given a list of medications / substances to not take.  It's more complex with team sports in many nations.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you say but I am taking the devil's advocate position.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-23 16:50:19 |Display all floors
I never beleive any thing writtem in a USA news paper.Never have in over 60  years.Media in the USA is no different then other counties. Except USA news is owned by the same rich people who run the country. They do a very poor job.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-24 10:11:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-26 00:04:00 |Display all floors
3 Chinese gold medallists from the 2008 Olympic games have had their samples retested and failed.

•CAO, Lei (CHN) – GHRP-2 (S2. Hormones and related substances)
•CHEN, Xiexia (CHN) – GHRP-2 (S2. Hormones and related substances)
•LIU, Chun Hong (CHN) – Sibutramine (S6. Stimulants), GHRP-2 (S2. Hormones and related substances)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.