Author: voice_cd

In memory of the Long March     [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-7-4 09:24:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-7-4 09:26:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-4 09:28:45 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-4 09:30:25 |Display all floors
History has always portrayed wars as something victorious and benevolent. An act launched by royal decree, be it in the West or East. Mustering up people's deepest desire for freedom, power and ultimate ruling.....these battle cries did once upon a time roused up thousands if not millions of civilians turned soldiers. They may lack military training, strategic thinking or the physique to withstand horrible terrains. I believe what kept them going was their human will and burning spirit to fight for their beloved country, Motherland....whatever that  may be.

This sense of patriotism was embedded in our early ancestors and forefathers, where the term 'defending the honor of one's country til death' was taken literally and with pride.

I am lucky I was born during an era of relative peace in Ipoh, Malaysia. Throughout the 38 years of my life I have not witnessed any war (touch wood), the closest was Indonesia's racial massacre in 1997/1998 when I was studying in Perth, Australia.

However, no wars are sparked without a dark force behind it. I believe the biggest threat to us human species are one which is invisible. The spiritual warfare between good and evil forces.

Think about it. We humans are born amoral. Babies do not know what is good or bad, evil or good. It stems from the teaching, environment, friends, family, siblings, media influences etc.  

Most important is our thoughts and conscience. Thoughts come from the brain, conscience comes from the heart. We can read on the teachings of Confucianism and Tao De Ching, Bible and the likes. What about our hearts? I believe our hearts are led by our ancestors, our spiritual teachers, our God. We need a strong and sound mind and heart to be good humans.

Wars are waged by humans, sparked in the minds of people with an overzealous sense of patriotism. Nothing wrong with that, in fact this 21st century we should encourage more countries to have the same love for their countries. We just need to be careful that it is balanced with the conscience of our hearts. Do we have the right to kill another human being if we are not threatened or provoked? The rule of law says we can plead self-defense in the event that we took someone's life as it endangered our lives.

What about in wars? Most wars have been strategically planned years before the attack is launched. So it defies the rule of law which says humans can only plead not guilty if we take another human's life in self-defense. How can we know the enemy is going to kill us few years in advance? Is it logical?

Wars are ignited by men with other agendas in mind. They use fear to intimidate and control the weak minds to serve their own selfish reasons, more often not for patriotic reasons but monetary gain and political control.

We all have our own 'wars' to battle each day. Within our minds, at work, at home, driving on the streets etc. If only we choose not to wage war as an option, I wonder if the world will be a more peaceful place to live in?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-4 09:31:22 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-4 09:34:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-4 09:36:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-7-4 09:07
Mao's stories were funny?

I think the fairies told by the Grimm brothers are far, far more approp ...

Banksters

You never blame the banksters. You focus on the symptoms rather than the root cause.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.